My weight loss/protein problem. Please Help!

Options
2»

Replies

• BrandyGanus
    BrandyGanus Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    ironette wrote: »
    The smaller you are, the slower the weight loss will be; but you should notice your body changing. And 5 pounds in 4 weeks is great! Good job! Don't be so hard on yourself - you did well!

I would encourage you to eat AT LEAST 1200 calories per day. I'm worried that you're not getting enough calories, especially since you're exercising.

How long do you exercise for and what do you do? Do you know how many calories you burn when exercising?

If you are burning more than 200 calories per day, you need to bump your calories up so that you still have 1200 calories minimum after subtracting the exercise calories.

A couple years ago, I was 20 pounds above your weight and exercising 1.5 hours/day and eating 1400-1600 calories. I had very slow weight loss but I saw my body changing. My went down from a 16 to a 6, even though I didn't see much weight drop. My friend lost weight faster than I did but she didn't see as much of a change in her overall size as quickly as I did. So give it time since everyone's body is different. I think that you could definitely lose 12 pounds by the end of May.

I usually eat 1200 calories and burn about 200-400 cals a day though i just got the fit bit so i don't have a good sample yet.

Please increase your calories to 1400 - 1600. This will give you the nutrition you need and not starve your body. Being skinny won't mean much if you're not healthy too!
  • ironette
    ironette Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I increased my goal to 1460 at (1lb loss per week) and changed activity to lightly active. I hope it helps.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    ironette wrote: »
    Stacie, a few questions, and I promise a substantial reply if you answer them.

1. What are your current stats and what are your goal stats? Age, bodyweight, height, waist or hip circumference, bodyfat % (if you had it taken with a reliable measurement technique)
    2. How long have you been dieting without at least a 2 month break?
    3. How many calories do you estrimate you were eating before you started counting a month ago and how many calories are you eating now?
    4. When you say high protein, low fat, moderate carb, how high and how low as a % of calories? Are you at 50% protein, 10% fat, 40% carb? 1/3 each?

Im 25. 5'3" 150.8 lbs. Don't have other stats. I have been dieting about 4-5 weeks. I was eating fast food regularly and junk food and soda so approximately alot lol. I'm eating about 1000-1300 a day. I'm generally hitting the macros set up by mfp.
    If you don't have bodyfat %, please estimate it visually using these pictures: http://www.ruled.me/visually-estimate-body-fat-percentage/

This is actually quite important, because your answer is relevant to how much you should be eating and how well your body is able to process carbs (i.e. how sensitive you are to insulin).

What, please explain how body fat % shows that you are sensitive to insulin?