gained for a couple weeks running now

Options
leahcollett1
leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
edited February 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello
so weigh in was today and ive gained another 2lbs. last week i gained 1.5lbs. i know weight loss isnt linear however im not new to this and i believe something is wrong. would people mind checking my diary. yep i had a few naughty things at the week as it was my totm, however thats been and gone now and im back in the game. im trying to eat more clean since then, however i do also know that a calorie is just a calorie.

ive been told that if i dont eat healthier/cleaner then i wont lose.. but i dont believe that to be true i do think its down to cico.
i do body combat 3-4 times weekly. last sept i was on 1700 calories a day TDEE method and losing a nice 2lbs a week. now as you can see im on 1420 calores a day and not losing a single thing. so am i really eating over maintenance to gain these gains, or is it time maybe to just touch base with a dr? do i wait for another couple weeks to see what my body does even if it terrifies me that ill keep seeing gain after gain?

i try not to let this consume me, however ive been doing this for a long time and i just want to find again what works for me. i have a constant lump in my throat as im trying so hard not to get upset. its just too frustrating.

sorry adding my stats:
age 31, 5ft7, 218lbs

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You are going to have to be patient - and I know it sucks - but it's only been 2 weeks and you know in your heart that weight loss is not linear

Are you linked into a trending site - like trendweight.com / Libra or Happy Scale

Your diary looks good, so long as you are actually logging every single thing

I would suggest that your calorie burns from Body Combat are too high - I'd log them as 50-75% of that tbh

If the Body Combat is new - water weight
    TOTM, as you recognise - water weight .. and perhaps your hormones are just having a weird old month

Hold firm for 6 - 8 weeks

it is common to stall - 2-3lbs is a fluctuation within a scale range

You may well get a whoosh .. that happened to me quite a bit - 3 weeks no movement then whoosh down 4 or 5lbs - was very odd, just was

Probably won't help but I am also having an odd, weight gain month .. with a 10 days delayed period but the water weight still has not gone a week after my period ended .. but having judged it, on my trendweight, again weight from 1 month and 3 months ago I can see my trendline has gone up over time so I'm back to a slow cut and taking greater care

Hold firm
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    thanks rabbit. the body combat isnt new. i take readings from my hrm. i do bloody go some when i work out. sweat just pores out of me. my heart rate can reach 170 if i really push myself but on average its 150-160. but your right - ill log half of them anyway just to be on the safe side. i really wouldnt mind maintaining whilst my body just does these weird things but the gains are getting to me. bad.
    ive signed up to libra and on my first week weighing the trends.. so ill continue that. its so hard to hold fire and just be patient. i have lost over half the weight i wanted to lose. this last 2 stone is about doing me in.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    thanks rabbit. the body combat isnt new. i take readings from my hrm. i do bloody go some when i work out. sweat just pores out of me. my heart rate can reach 170 if i really push myself but on average its 150-160. but your right - ill log half of them anyway just to be on the safe side. i really wouldnt mind maintaining whilst my body just does these weird things but the gains are getting to me. bad.
    ive signed up to libra and on my first week weighing the trends.. so ill continue that. its so hard to hold fire and just be patient. i have lost over half the weight i wanted to lose. this last 2 stone is about doing me in.

Unfortunately your HRM does not accurately measure things like Body Combat as it is more like circuit training / HIIT than steady-state

I'm sure it is great for you - but the calorie equivalent from your HRM cannot be trusted

It shouldn't overly affect your weight loss though - so do not chastise yourself

Gains get to people - it's because over 50% of your body is water and you're a woman - water weight / hormones they are an embuggerance! Just try not to get too upset about it .. stress also affects hormones affects weight loss .. LOL

Water weight will make your scale weight go up

you might like this which whilst not factually accurate is a nice thought

481519_541350332560565_1344462761_n.jpg
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Also go and pick up something that weighs around 28lbs and go for a 10 minute walk

that's a pretty amazing loss so far - sometimes it does well to remind oneself how far one has come
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    lol i love that thanks rabbit.

guess its just a bleeding waiting game..
    darn it.
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    i might print that out and stick it on my forehead so i see it every time i look in the mirror. :D
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    OP it seems that you have been trying to figure this out for several days now from other posts you made in the forums. @rabbitjb knows what she is talking about.

So I would just like to second her comments and advice. Good stuff.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    after a year and a half, ive learned my body is stupid LOL

the two weeks surrounding TOM I gain, stay steady, then go back to 'normal weight' (pre TOM). The following two weeks, I lose.

like clockwork.
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    after a year and a half, ive learned my body is stupid LOL

the two weeks surrounding TOM I gain, stay steady, then go back to 'normal weight' (pre TOM). The following two weeks, I lose.

like clockwork.

this is interesting. thank you. its good to hear what other women go through re totm. i finished tuesday so maybe i haven't given my body enough time. i just know in the past that i have the water whoosh during totm and gain before hand.. maybe ive shifted for whatever reason.

its nice to know other people understand. sometimes i just feel like im going mad in my own head. my beloved husband doesn't need to lose weight - so he doesnt get it but supports me regardless. right. plug away and just carry on. thanks everyone