I'm 28 years old and just ran my first mile...

Options

Replies

• llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Bravo, that is definitely a success worth celebrating!
  • Kristine7813
    Options
    That is an amazing accomplishment. Congratulations for achieving it!
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • kylamaries
    kylamaries Posts: 291
    Options
    This just made my day! I'm so happy for you; that much be an amazing feeling!!
  • mestacy010
    mestacy010 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Wtg! Running is my therapy!
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    And the beauty of it is. . .you can experience that same pride each time you reach a new goal with running! Welcome to the club. I hope you love running as much as many of us do!!
  • jenster2373
    Options
    So inspirational! I'm just starting my journey... again. LOL. I'm looking all around for inspiration to keep going and stick with it this time so thanks for sharing!! It really helps to hear others' success stories! Congrats!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!! Way to go!
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    YEAH! I remember how great it felt when I started noticing improvements in my running. Keep it up!
  • runningmary6
    runningmary6 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You did it! Way to go. By the way, you never "don't have anyone to tell", you have us. We will celebrate those miles along with you!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Seriously, thank you all so much. I feel like if someone asks me if I am a runner I can now honestly say yes. Lol. I know it was only two miles but I ran it. So I'm a runner. :) and hopefully that number will double and then double again. My bucket lost includes one day running a marathon. So I'm two miles closer to doing that.
  • LankyYankee
    LankyYankee Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    That is AMAZING. Congratulations on reaching such a milestone!
  • dpsumption
    dpsumption Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am new to MFP since April 1 and it has made a big difference as you can see from my tracker! I have heard of C25K and have started looking into it. I would like to get an app for my phone to help. Are you doing that? If so, which app are you using? Thanks! and CONGRATS AGAIN!!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    wonderful job! so happy you're not letting things stop you anymore. you can accomplish anything!!
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    It's a great feeling. A few weeks ago, I started running. Since my endurance is already high, I have started running regularly. My longest distance is 5.4 miles!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    That's amazing I cried the first time I could run a minute and a half straight, LOL!
  • kikilareggae
    kikilareggae Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    That is definitely something to celebrate!!! Good job!
  • kannh89
    kannh89 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow that's brilliant, well done!! And so you should be proud :-)
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    that really is fantastic. now that you are becoming more active have you thought about other activities?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!