"Health and Wellness Fair"

Options
CarboUnload
CarboUnload Posts: 30 Member
Can I just vent?
Yesterday, there was a health and wellness fair at work and I was excited to go. Vendors included our in-house Gym manager, Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, our local big name insurance company, Bath and Body Works and Massage Envy. Also, chocolate covered strawberries and smoothies with whipped cream on them were served as a refreshment.
Listen, I'm no monument to health (yet), but COME ON. You're telling me that NO ONE thought to contact Whole Foods (or a similar, cheaper alternative), any kind of yoga instructor/fitness instructor, or even serve better options as a refreshment (or nothing)?
I was so disappointed. Also, I didn't have a goddamned strawberry, if that's what you're all thinking. :smile:

Replies

• ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    There's no money in telling people to eat fruits and vegetables.

I do the same head scratching at farmers markets seeing the kettle corn booths and people selling pound cakes with a few weak *** berries mixed in.

• CarboUnload
    CarboUnload Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The most I ever got at health and wellness fairs were condoms

That would've actually been helpful. But, as the people that I work with seem to be lacking any sex appeal at all, it would've been hard to even give them away.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I miss having health fairs at work: all the granola bars, juice, and free pens you could want!
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    My college does those. I haven't attended, so don't know every detail, but am told that there's a relaxation-lab-type of setting and Minute Massage chairs,so I want to go for that reason alone!