What size clothes for what size weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your height and body shape. I'm 5'7" and currently 190. My size 14s are loose and I'm just fitting into the one pair of size 12s I have. Time to hit up goodwill for some 12s here.
  • Athena_fit
    Athena_fit Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It depends of so many factors! You should aim for feeling great about your self and to be at a healthy weight...size doesn't matter.

I use to be 120 pounds and I were a size 2...now i'm 197 and I wear a size 12. My friend is 120 and wears size 8....it depends of your shape, how you like to wear your clothes...and don't forget about body composition. I could look skinnier at 150 pounds than at 120 if I have muscles instead of being skinny fat.

So what's your healthy weight is the first question you should ask yourself!
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Me: 149 lbs, 5'4"
    Pants: 6-8
    Shirts: Small at Wal-Mart, Medium everywhere else (dresses: same)
  • celtikgirl
    celtikgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'm currently fantasizing about the day I can walk in to any store in the mall and try things on - even the stuff totally inappropriate for my age. And I will do exactly that because I've really never been able to do that. Someone strong will have to come along to stop me from buying the frilly little dress from the teenager shop.

I've worn plus size clothes my entire life, school clothes from the special (and expensive) "chubby girl" store straight on to women's size 14, maybe a minute at junior 13. For a few months either side of high school graduation I could squeeze into a 12. Then college, beer, pizza... the rest of my life.

I'm 5'4, at 275 I was wearing size 24 pants and 3X tops. I'm now at 233, in some brands I can wear an 18 in pants. My 3X tops are almost falling off and the 2X's are more than comfortable. I currently have two pair of jeans that fit me exactly the same comfortable way - one is a pair of Lee jeans size 20, the other is a pair of Gloria Vanderbilt jeans size 16 - both from Kohl's. I'm sitting here in a third pair, also comfortable that are 18's from Dress Barn.

Unfortunately, I purged my closet about a year ago when I was convinced that I would never lose weight and all the clothes that didn't fit went to charity. Once I fall through what I'm wearing now, I'll be buying new or brushing up on my tailoring skills. On the up side, this year I'll be donating the clothes that are too big!
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    5' 8" 171 pounds. Size 10 jean. Some size 10's are getting big on me though.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5" at 276 I wore tight 20-22, now I'm 207 and wear 12-14...