Question for those who weigh in daily

Options

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,980 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, log the data into a spreadsheet, and use the weekly average to update my weight on MFP - typically that is on Wednesday's, since I started the daily weighing on a Thursday :)

It's pretty fascinating to see the trends. For example, on February 10th I weighed in at 160.2, and exactly one week later I was 160.1 - if I had been weighing only weekly, this would've DEVASTATED me. It might've even triggered a binge to occur. But thanks to the trending average, I was able to see I was right on track and it didn't phase me at all!

I also weigh in daily and log it in happy scale. I only log new lows on mfp.

I also notice several times when if I were weighing weekly it would appear that I only lost a couple of tenths of a pound or even gained. That would be really de-motivating to me to think I was working so hard and not really seeing much progress. Weighing daily allows me to see all of my progress. Plus I think it will help when I get to maintenance to be more focused on a weight range than on once specific number. JMO
  • cmjohnson53
    cmjohnson53 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    New lows.
  • kportwood85
    kportwood85 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I log daily. Well, I weigh daily, and my scale automatically uploads it to MFP. I do much better at staying on track when I weigh daily. I like seeing the fluctuations, I don't worry so much when it goes up a little now, because I have months of data that show a trend going down.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Everyday in Libra, once a week in MFP
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I log my weight in to MFP when I have a new low. I log my daily weight into Excel.

(I wouldn't log new lows due to illness.)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    lindsayh87 wrote: »
    I'm a daily weigher. I don't measure my success totally by the scale but I am hoping to lose 15 more lbs & I'm always curious about my daily fluctuations so I weigh in every morning. I know I'm not the only one here.

So my question is, how often do you then log your weight on MFP? Every day? Every time you hit a new low? Every time you hit a new high? Or do you average it out & log your new loss when it gets to it that way?

In the past I've logged it every time I saw a new low number. Sometimes I may see that number one morning but then not again for the week though so I feel like I can't actually say that's my weight though. Just wondering what everyone else does :)

Every time I hit a new low. :)

• buckbrie
    buckbrie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I log every morning after bathroom before eating. then I can track how different things effect me , the weight trend is what matters.
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I log every time i see a new low number, or if I've seen the same higher number for a few days. I will also enter a plateau number if it's been the same for about a week.
  • Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I am a daily weigher and I log when I hit a new low.
  • Viper62
    Viper62 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    mfp log it every day. Keeps me honest from thinking oh I lost some, since some days, mostly weekends, go up. Have to be truthful with yourself. Weekly log the entire body fat,h2o percentage stuff.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    My Aria synchs every day. I use the weekly average weight it gives me as my 'official' weight for that week.
  • cosmo_momo
    cosmo_momo Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Every day for Happy Scale (I like that it produces a graph that shows overall trend) and new lows here. Funny how so many other people do the same thing here :smiley:
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I weigh a couple times a day, because I have an Aria Fitbit wireless scale, and it's fun to see the numbers get plotted automatically, including a BF% number. The latter of which, I suspect, is inaccurate, but still cool that it tries.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, then enter the weight into my fitbit account which automatically syncs with MFP and Trendweight. So the good, the bad and the ugly all get automatically synced straight into MFP.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,187 Member
    Options
    I log daily on Libra (similar to Happy Scale, but available for Android), and only put new lows on MFP.

Recently discovered one downside to this approach. There's a fancy spreadsheet you can use to import your MFP data and estimate your TDEE from your own data, once you reach maintenance. It would've been really handy to have had all my weight fluctuations in MFP to use with that.

(Info about the spreadsheet here: community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1122752/export-and-analyze-your-own-data-in-excel).
  • SacredCoffee
    SacredCoffee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but only log it on Friday (may move it to Saturdays soon). But I use an app called "Monitor Your Weight" and log it daily on there, it's a really neat app with extra info! :smile:
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily and record it on MFP once a week.
  • ZeroDelta
    ZeroDelta Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I never log my weight to MFP. The scale does it every time I step on it. :wink:
  • Doreensd
    Doreensd Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I log my daily weight in a spreadsheet and on Fridays log my weekly average in MFP.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Weigh daily, record on MFP daily, regardless of whether it's up or down. Fluctuations are natural, I don't care about them, and having accurate data lets me look at trends and do cool stuff with them.