Fitbit sabotage??

Options
13»

Replies

• missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    UpEarly wrote: »
    I do not find the calorie adjustment from Fitbit to be inflated AT ALL. On a day I get my full 10,000 steps, my Fitbit might say I burned about 200 calories more than if I sat on my rear end the whole day. I actually manually log all my exercise and let those higher calorie burn estimates override what my Fitbit said.

I wish my UP3 were this conservative. It's giving me about 900 EXTRA calories per 10k steps right now.

What is your activity level set to? If you have it set to sedentary, you will get a larger adjustment from 10K steps than if you have it set to active or whatever.
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I'm on the Fitbit bandwagon too! I eat all of my Fitbit calories and have lost faster than expected! I <3 Fitbit!!
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    eeejer wrote: »
    Yes, it is sabotage. Ignore the calorie adjustment completely, it is ridiculously inflated.

Some people do find the calorie adjustment to be inflated. Others (including myself) find it to be very accurate.

I also have a high opinion of my fitbit's adjustments.
  • Lydilod
    Lydilod Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if the garmin vivofit is as accurate as the fitbit seems to be
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    When I was lifting weights, I manually entered that activity and found that I was continuing to lose about a pound a month despite the numbers indicating I should be maintaining - When I dropped the weight lifting and the only exercise adjustment was the step count, I found it right on the money. Particularly useful for me is the 30-day rolling graph of CI-CO (syncs with MFP for food).