Exercise log?

Just joined a gym, feel great! But....I've logged my exercise and its upped my calories for the day, I can't physically eat more (do my exercise last thing in the day but before last time I eat). Is there a way you can still log your food and exercise without it adding on calories?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Just joined a gym, feel great! But....I've logged my exercise and its upped my calories for the day, I can't physically eat more (do my exercise last thing in the day but before last time I eat). Is there a way you can still log your food and exercise without it adding on calories?

This is how MFP is designed. If you used MFP to get your calorie goal, your deficit was created with zero exercise. Adding back exercise calories keeps the deficit in check. Too large a deficit makes it harder for your body to support existing lean muscle mass.

You don't have to eat exercise calories the same day. Some people will "bank" calories for the weekend.

Others will use a method of calculating calories that includes exercise up front (TDEE less a %). That method will average out your exercise calories for the week.

You could over ride the calorie burn to 1 also.
  • nhjohnson81
    nhjohnson81 Posts: 5 Member
    Understood thanks, that's great. I don't want to lose weight, I just want to be able to maintain and tone and enjoy food at the same time
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Just add "1" when you enter your exercise. If you want to keep a reminder of exercise and how many calories, enter that into the notes section.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Eat more through the day when you know you're off to the gym?