Banana milkshake

Options
Ericaj573
Ericaj573 Posts: 20 Member
I had a sugar craving today and was working on upping my calcium intake so I ended up throwing a chopped banana, 400mls semi skimmed milk and loads of ice in the blender, it was amazing! Tasted really luscious and sinful but was actually totally healthy, and kept me happy for a couple of hours :)

Replies

• ChrystalF
    ChrystalF Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    yummm trying this tonight :-)
  • kmillsap1991
    kmillsap1991 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This sounds so good. Trying tomorrow for sure.
  • Ericaj573
    Ericaj573 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hope u guys like it as much as I did ;)
  • maxigirl26
    maxigirl26 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Sounds great.
  • chatlieretherford
    chatlieretherford Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Going to try tomorrow morning sounds amazing can't wait to try
    ChrystalF wrote: »
    yummm trying this tonight :-)

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I don't like shakes often because they don't fill me up much and then I would have to hand-wash my huge blender. I do very often have a glass of milk with a banana, unblended. Something about this combination feels sublime and luxurious, especially with a drizzle of honey on the banana. Personally, I would skip the ice as it waters down the shake or if I'm to use ice I would use full cream milk and blend in a couple of dates.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Or frozen banana
  • Msfenae
    Msfenae Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever made a shake using almond milk?
  • cimzadi2
    cimzadi2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am so trying this. I also just used ice banana and fresh strawberries with a tablespoon of honey. I got a huge healthy shake and low calories
  • shenanigansmo
    shenanigansmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Msfenae wrote: »

I always use almond milk for smoothies/shakes. I get the reduced sugar vanilla Almond Breeze or the one with a touch of honey in it. It's only 60calories per cup. I really like smoothies with banana, almond milk, a little ice (to add thickness) and a spoonful of peanut butter (also ups the protein). Sooooooo good.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Try adding a little cinnamon. Super yummy!

My current favorite smoothie is milk, orange juice, Greek yogurt, banana, and raspberries.
  • cutecub79
    cutecub79 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ohh, this is my current favorite treat. I use a table spoon of honey, 1 banana and 300ml milk. I'm thinking about adding some rolled oats to thicken it up too (also good iron source)
    Has anyone tried a blueberry one?
  • Yeribridgett
    Yeribridgett Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Msfenae wrote: »

Yes, I only drink unsweetened vanilla almond milk, one banana, a few strawberries, one scoop of protein power, 2 tbsp of flax chia seed.