I'm slowly dying at work

PBWaffleCakes
PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
I work at a Mattress Store, 10 hour shifts all by myself. This week has been weird because I have every other day off. This means I cannot get into the 10, silent, deadly hours. I have 2 hour and 10 minutes to go. I'm going to do c25k again and eat my salad. Hopefully it starts going by faster

-yes, this is pointless, I just needed something to do to keep my mind from sleeping-

Replies

• JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    i felt your pain 2 hours ago, now im home relaxing for the next 7 mins before i start adulting again.
  • PBWaffleCakes
    Adulting can be hard sometimes.
  • bootqueenmfp
    bootqueenmfp Posts: 1,773 Member
    I teach 1st grade behavioral disorder children..... Lol I'm never bored at work!!!
  • PBWaffleCakes
    I use to be a teacher aid, I miss it!
  • bootqueenmfp
    bootqueenmfp Posts: 1,773 Member
    Lol come work with me!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    i feel this way too.

only, i own the business.

ive also started to outsource everything, which means less money but more time to do jack *kitten*.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    I am in the middle of my workday atm and sooooo over it. I have to start reading another enormous grant application to check that it's compliant with funding rules and I am SO SICK OF IT. Can't wait for 4.30pm. Also sick of adulting. enough adulting. There shuld be "adulting-free-day' or something every so often.
  • thehexenbiest
    thehexenbiest Posts: 114 Member
    I feel your pain. I'm facing two meetings today and the rest of my workday will consist of my co-workers being passive-aggressive because my attending the meetings obviously means I'm not there to share the 'proper' work with them. Sigh. But hey, it's Friday! :D
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    I am in the middle of my workday atm and sooooo over it. I have to start reading another enormous grant application to check that it's compliant with funding rules and I am SO SICK OF IT. Can't wait for 4.30pm. Also sick of adulting. enough adulting. There shuld be "adulting-free-day' or something every so often.

yes. adulting is overrated.

• NemEhes
    NemEhes Posts: 27 Member
    I'm a high school science teacher. I would sell my soul for 10 hours by myself. That sounds awesome.
  • PBWaffleCakes
    NemEhes wrote: »
    I'm a high school science teacher. I would sell my soul for 10 hours by myself. That sounds awesome.
    I miss being a teacher aid. You think it is exciting until you do it for 60 to 70 hours a week. Then your soul dies and you binge eat a lot when you get home. I'm happy to be going back to the school district
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    I'm so sorry. Hang in there.
    I'm livid over a situation that nothing can be done about, and it's not even my own direct problem, but yet it does affect my life, indirectly. Bahhh.

Keep your head up! :)
  • jo_madre
    jo_madre Posts: 875 Member
    Sinistrous wrote: »
    I'm so sorry. Hang in there.
    I'm livid over a situation that nothing can be done about, and it's not even my own direct problem, but yet it does affect my life, indirectly. Bahhh.

Keep your head up! :)

I had a situation one time. It was not the normal type of situation where the world stops spinning and you have to focus all of your attention on it the moment the situation displays itself as a situation. It was more of something akin to the soft pain you get in your finger when it is fighting the early stages of an infection. It grabs your attention for just a moment at first. Maybe even at second or third. Eventually it occurs to you that the finger displays an dull pain every time you touch it but beyond there there's not much thought applied to it yet and you go about your business. Fast forward a few days and the finger is now swollen and sensitive to everything around it. The wind changing brings a sting. the lightest touch sends it screaming into the night. It's warm, red, throbbing and swollen. There's even a small red line beginning to creep away from it towards your hand and you know that this situation is now ripe and ready to be dealt with full speed and with one hundred percent of your attention. I hate situations.

...but I like you though Sin. I haven't forgotten about that.
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »

once a week