CHEATING

Options
So we all all know cheat meals, cheat days and refeeds are all the talk. I for one, allow a cheat meal a month of whatever I want following intense lifting and cardio. And I do it in intermittent fashion, by eating light up until that meal. What is everyone's "cheat" calendar like? And what is your favorite stuff to eat during?

Replies

• Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Ribs, sweet potato souffle, collard greens, and garlic toast with sweet tea. Love ribs but they're calorically hideous. So I only have them at real special occasions. Mom's Bday, Dad's Bday, my Bday. Easily a 2000-2500 calorie meal all together. But three times a year isn't bad. At least that's what I tell myself ;)
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Last Sunday included copious amounts of appetizers, pizza, mixed vegetable salad, bison burger, chicken, vegetables, Lenny and Larry cookie, bowl of oatmeal, and artic zero topped with cereal. My refeeds/ cheats vary depending on weigh ins, how I'm feeling, and cravings (if I have any). I get more cravings of wanting to be full than something calorie dense, so sometimes I just go to souplantation and bring my own fat free dressings and load up on their sweet potatoes, bread, and salad lol.
  • Skyle33
    Skyle33 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I like both of those, they make me want to fix my cheat meals up a bit to be more of a caloric surplus with proper nutrients rather than my usual super high fat, high carb meal. But you know..college..gotta let loose sometimes especially since I keep drinking to a minimum.
  • BrandyGanus
    BrandyGanus Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Usually, I compromise instead of "cheat". I try to balance it out with the rest of the week and I don't feel bad or guilty afterwards.

I had nachos at Carino's and a Jr. Cheeseburger at Five Guys today. I only burned 200 calories and still had a small caloric deficit, but my saturated fat, sodium and sugar were over (but not by much). I have been really good this week though so I don't feel bad about it.