Does anyone have the new electronic water bottles?

Options
2»

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Rubber bands. Those cute ones that girls make in to bracelets. Put a few on your water bottle to mark how many you drank that day.

I like gadgets. They are my weight loss toys. But I spend more on apps.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I waste money on all kinds of stupid crap. If OP wants to spend money on a fancy high tech water bottle it isn't up to me to judge.

I add Mio flavoring to my water - helps me drink a lot more.
  • dragerk
    dragerk Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I waste money on all kinds of stupid crap. If OP wants to spend money on a fancy high tech water bottle it isn't up to me to judge.

I add Mio flavoring to my water - helps me drink a lot more.

I also recommend Mio! The vanilla orange is currently my favorite.
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I want to be scornful here but I am such a useless-gadget person that I really can't.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Y'know, I saw this and I love the idea. I like to track my water intake and having an automatic log would be cool.

But I'm too cheap for such a thing.

If you have the money to spare, go for it. Just make sure there's a good return policy on the one you pick :)

~Lyssa
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Have you tried adding fruit to your water? Water with fresh lemon in amazingly refreshing to me. I drink it from the time I get up to the time I go to bed now. I used to only drink Pepsi, RedBull, Sweet Tea, and coffee. I was plenty hydrated then too but took in about 1500 calories a day in liquids. Now 8 calories a day.
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Rubber bands. Those cute ones that girls make in to bracelets. Put a few on your water bottle to mark how many you drank that day.

I like gadgets. They are my weight loss toys. But I spend more on apps.
    Good idea thx
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Thx for some of you got the ideas! But someone of you are not nice. No need for negativity. We r here to help each other not say mean things.
  • echmain
    echmain Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Sometimes helping someone requires mean things to be said.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,082 Member
    Options
    echmain wrote: »
    Sometimes helping someone requires mean things to be said.

Yes but thats usually when Op's have silly and potentially harmful ideas like 500 calories per day or coffee enemas or water fasting or other nonsense.

In this case OP wants to buy an electronic water bottle with fancy features.
    Certainly no potential harm there.

It's not my sort of thing either - heck I don't buy water bottles at all, I just re use the one the water came in - but if OP is going to enjoy it and find it motivating, why not?
    No different really to motivating gadgets like fit bits and the like.

• fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    I waste money on gadgets and things I beyond don't need, but want. If you like it get it! its YOUR money not gonna tell you what to do with YOUR hard earned money. If it helps you drink more water then that is nothing but a positive.
  • 4pancakes
    4pancakes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I had a water bottle several years ago that was supposed to electronically keep track of how much I drank. It was never even close to accurate.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    ModernRock wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »

And the hydration? - you check your urine colour

No, no. That won't do at all. Pee into that bottle at the end of the day and it'll analyze your hydration level and play an appropriate jingle based on how you did. Just be sure to wash it out before morning.

I would totally look up the youtube instruction video to hear the appropriate jingles.

OP, if you have the money and think it'll help motivate you, go for it.

• girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Thx for some of you got the ideas! But someone of you are not nice. No need for negativity. We r here to help each other not say mean things.

I love how matter of fact you are. Doesn't seem to have offended you. Just the facts ;)
    IMO, its' a waste of money, but that's because I hate gimmicks and I am cheap, lol.