Plateau for 3 weeks

Options
I started MFP in July last year at 11st 12. By Christmas time I was down to 10.12 which I was really pleased about (my goal is 9.10). I had a vomiting bug on xmas day so went down to 10.9. I had already decided I wasn't going to log for the xmas week so when I felt better I gave myself a few days of eating whatever I wanted. I knew I would gain and I was ok with that as life's too short to not enjoy xmas.

I weighed myself again after new year and I was back 11st which I didn't think was too bad considering I only got down to 10.9 from sickness anyway. since then I have started swimming twice a week and walking/hiking once a week. this is something I used to do in the summer but stopped during the winter.

for the past three weeks I have been at 11.2. My weigh in day is usually friday or saturday and today officially marks my third week at the current weight.

I'm feeling really down as I can't understand why I haven't lost when I've been sticking to my calories (1200 per day + extra cals for exercise). I know some people don't eat back all their calories when exercising but I have never done this and have always lost in the past. The most I have ever stayed at the same weight is 2 weeks. I don't think i can cut my calories down any more as I find it hard as it is at 1200.

Will I be stuck at 11.2 forever??

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Can you open your food diary, please? That will help a lot in answering your questions.

Also so your personal stats, current weight and height. I see that you are 25 and female, need to other stats to run your numbers and take a look at your diary.

[ETA]: OP did not come back, so I am going to pass on the "flow chart" that contains somethings she can look at as far as how she is doing with logging, exercise cals, etc..

7upeqzvrs5be.jpg
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Nope, it will come down if you stick to it.
    How good is your tracking?
  • annagrnwd
    annagrnwd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    In all honesty I do have a cheat day at the weekend. This has never caused me a problem before though in terms of losing. I have a pattern which is usually two weeks maintain, then lose, then gain, then maintain two weeks then lose again.
    Xmas seems to have thrown my whole pattern off wack
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    annagrnwd wrote: »
    In all honesty I do have a cheat day at the weekend. This has never caused me a problem before though in terms of losing. I have a pattern which is usually two weeks maintain, then lose, then gain, then maintain two weeks then lose again.
    Xmas seems to have thrown my whole pattern off wack

What's your height?

Do you log food on your cheat days?

That could easily be it. 1200 calories x 6 + 1 really high calorie day...could be wiping out your entire deficit.

Open you diary if you want suggestions, however if you aren't logging your cheat day that's going to be the first thing everyone points out. Also possible if you aren't using a food scale that that 1200 is more like 1400 or 1500. Add a cheat day and boom, no weight loss.