calculating calories

Hi all! I've been working on losing weight since the end of January, to date I've lost 10kgs but still want to lose a couple more (purely for cosmetic purposes - I realise I am in no way overweight). Two days ago MFP recalculated my recommended calories to 1280 (a 100 calorie decrease to what I had previously been on)

I noticed this morning that when I woke up I was quite light headed. Would this be a result of the caloric intake from the past two days?
I've calculated my TDEE as 1939, and my BMR is 1411.
I'm fairly certain I need to up my intake (I've seen all of those boards about living off 1200 calories and realise I'm not far off!)
I'm just confused as to what I should up it to to ensure the loss is permanent

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    set your weight loss goal to 0.5lbs per week and eat back exercise cals, that should give you a decent amount of calories, and enable you to slowly lose the last couple of pounds.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    set your weight loss goal to 0.5lbs per week and eat back exercise cals, that should give you a decent amount of calories, and enable you to slowly lose the last couple of pounds.
    ^This. MFP is just a calculator and if you set it up to lose 2 lbs a week, then it's still working on that. If you're in no way overweight, then 2 lbs a week is not longer a realistic rate of loss.
  • set your weight loss goal to 0.5lbs per week and eat back exercise cals, that should give you a decent amount of calories, and enable you to slowly lose the last couple of pounds.
    ^This. MFP is just a calculator and if you set it up to lose 2 lbs a week, then it's still working on that. If you're in no way overweight, then 2 lbs a week is not longer a realistic rate of loss.

It was on 1lb, I was thinking of changing it to 0.5lb but just wanted to get a second opinion. Thank you :)