A year on ...

midnite81
midnite81 Posts: 162 Member
It's a year today since I embarked on this healthy living lifestyle. The key to my healthy living is having a healthy diet (for the most part!). By eating better and making more informed choices I've been able to lose 5st (70lbs/31.8kg) through eating alone. Following that I started incorporating exercise into my life, taking walks during my lunch break and starting running (Couch to 5k). I love to swim but the cost together with the lack of fresh air was enough to make running my main form of active exercise and now I run three to four times a week. I cancelled my gym membership on the 1st Jan this year because I preferred fresh air to the gym. Now, I've lost 8st (112lbs/50.8kg) minus 7lbs in muscle gain. I started doing this lifestyle for others and they were my main motivation, but now I do it for me.

Today, I am celebrating my success. I'm finally starting to believe that I'm losing weight and I'm not as noticeable for the wrong reasons any more.

For those of you who think you can't do this - you can. It does take willpower and it does take courage, but you can so do this. Don't starve yourself, don't let yourself off the hook too often and when you're down pick yourself up :)

9191536170_139b2a4382.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!