Is there really any chance of a 320 pound guy getting a girl friend ?

Options

Replies

• tristen_leigh
    tristen_leigh Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    Working on your confidence should be numero uno - self confidence goes a loooong way.

Are you saying I have a chance?

hzuzk2qjmkle.jpg
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    chew.gif?w=780
  • punkyb07
    punkyb07 Posts: 43 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Self confidence is key. I lack it and it effects my dating life as well. I have a friend that is larger than me that gets wayyyyy more action then I do.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    You definitely can. My coworker is 420ish (down from 470) and he's married. He was about 450 when he met her.
  • F4Tdestroyer
    F4Tdestroyer Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    tanks guys im feeling a bit better about it now <3
  • Shyness40
    Shyness40 Posts: 3,430 Member
    Options
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    theres someone for everyone ....

So you're saying you'd bone your BF if your hubby wasn't in the picture? What does this have to do with OP? Focus people.

I have nothing to add to this conversation, but this cracked me up.
  • zbakrjc
    zbakrjc Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I would say that while it lowers your chances it doesn't rule out all options. Keep looking.

I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Strong username to thread topic correlation.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Op- my husband is over 320lbs and I married him ;)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    dervari wrote: »
    I can empathize with the OP. I was around 330 at one point and the woman I had been dating for a couple of months broke it off saying "I like you, but I want a size 36 you." Can you say salt in the wound?

That was a horrible woman and you are better off without her.

for sure!
  • Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I fell in love with my husband over a long distance relationship. Met him online, and we IMed and talked on the phone a lot. When I met him in person, he weighed about 350 lbs but I didn't care. I thought (and still think) he's hot as hell!
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    love comes in all shapes and sizes..

good luck
  • Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Recognize that relationships can't make you happy. No matter what you weigh. Being with someone is a nice distraction, it's enjoyable and all that but it will never give you peace and happiness. Addressing the thoughts that are the real cause of your unhappiness is what will bring you the peace of the present moment.
  • Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Look at "Fluffy" Gabriel Iglesias! Everyone loves him, and he's in a committed relationship. Why? He loves himself, he's confident.
  • shadows2424
    shadows2424 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Sure you can, but it may be hard a lot of people are really shallow and wouldn't even think about it.
  • zbakrjc
    zbakrjc Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    dervari wrote: »
    I can empathize with the OP. I was around 330 at one point and the woman I had been dating for a couple of months broke it off saying "I like you, but I want a size 36 you." Can you say salt in the wound?I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

That was a horrible woman and you are better off without her.

for sure!

You poor thing. You don't deserve that.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    If he's 6'8 maybe
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Of course, bro.

You just have to get out and be social. Someone is bound to like you, especially since you say you're a man with a heart of gold.

My friend is 300+ (and not tall either lol) and he is hardly ever single. His last girlfriend looked like that chick from the TLC show with the 10 kids running amuck... you know, the blondie. Like I said, you never know who's gonna dig you. But you have to get out there and show off your qualities. You miss every shot you don't take, bro. (or however that saying goes).
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Of course. I once had a man we hired who was muy gordo. He was fat. He had a mental condition I call juvenile rebelliousness syndrome. He didn't want to do what "the man" told him. He wanted to do what he wanted. He wanted to use his money to get the maximum number of calories possible for the least necessary cost of money spent. He had long unkempt black hair and he had never shaved. His legs were so fat that he couldn't stride. He waddled. He and his wife divorced for some reason I forgot, so there was at least one gf he had. Anyway, after the divorce was final he went on some web site and said, "I'm very overweight I love to eat I have a job make over $60K and want to marry a woman." He had his new wife in under 2 weeks. The two of them are happily munching ever after. That's 2 gfs.
  • chubbs79
    chubbs79 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Of course you can. If you are doing this for someone else than you are doing it for the wrong reason. Someone will want to be with you for who you are and how you treat them and if not than its a waste of time. If someone doesn't want you at your worst they sure don't deserve you at your best either. I think you have a lack of self confidence and from experience I know that can be hard to bring yourself out of. Make any changes you want for yourself and yourself happy before trying to make anyone else happy. Good luck with your journey :)