Anyone know a light or lower fat ranch dressing that doesn't taste like death?

Options
Right now I'm sacrificing about 100 more calories for full-fat spicy hidden valley ranch. Every light or low fat/fat free ranch I find just tastes like *kitten*. Anyone know one that's nice and flavourful but also light or lower-calorie?

Replies

• Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I just use some combination of salsa, hot sauce, Greek yogurt, and/or cottage cheese to dress my salads.

There is no substitute for Ranch, imo.
  • MABMomma
    MABMomma Posts: 36 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Try the Opa Greek Yogurt Ranch. I wouldn't touch that *kitten* (any ranch, no matter the brand) with a 10 foot pole but my husband loves the stuff. Also, I think it's like 60 calories a serving.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I like the yogurt dressings sold in the produce department (refrigerated ones). Depending on brand and flavor, they're around 40-70 cals per 2Tbsp serving.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    OPA (Litehouse) Greek Style Ranch Dressing. 5g of Fat, 60 calories per 2 tbsp.
  • momofthreesons
    momofthreesons Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Make your own. Light or fat free sour cream, hidden valley ranch mix (its powder in a packet at the grocery store) and a bit of water to get to the consistency you like.
  • chilisadie
    chilisadie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I also make my own - fat free Greek yogurt and hidden valley ranch powder mix, add a little bit of milk to thin it out.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    I like the yogurt dressings sold in the produce department (refrigerated ones). Depending on brand and flavor, they're around 40-70 cals per 2Tbsp serving.

Came here to suggest this. The brand at my grocery is Bolthouse farms. The ranch is actually pretty decent.
  • hopeandtheabsurd
    hopeandtheabsurd Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse makes a decent tasting lower calorie yogurt based ranch (located in the refrigerated produce section).
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options

Came here to suggest this. The brand at my grocery is Bolthouse farms. The ranch is actually pretty decent.

I love the bolthouse farm ranch. I prefer the taste to regular ranch dressing. I think it's 45 calories for 2 tablespoons.
  • Adventuretown
    Adventuretown Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Boathouse farms yogurt-- avocado cilantro dressing is sooooooo good. 40 calories for 2T.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Never tried it myself, but how about ranch powder?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i like the bolthouse farms dressings
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Make your own. Light or fat free sour cream, hidden valley ranch mix (its powder in a packet at the grocery store) and a bit of water to get to the consistency you like.

Greek yogurt and dry ranch seasoning may work for you also.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Boathouse farms yogurt-- avocado cilantro dressing is sooooooo good. 40 calories for 2T.

What!? Sounds divine. My store doesn't carry this flavor. :'(

/kicks rocks
  • ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    For something like dressing I eat what I want, but less of it. Besides, I like the flavor of veggies and want something to complement rather than conceal.
  • mis1022
    mis1022 Posts: 109 Member
    Options

I am totally going to hunt this down, mmmm cilantro

But as far as low fat ranch Aldi is my favorite, really don't knock it until you tried it. Light, NOT fat free.
  • chastity0921
    chastity0921 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have done all of these. Bolthouse Farms Ranch, Avocado Cilantro... Those are good. I prefer the ranch powder with sour cream and a little fat-free milk, if needed. Really good as a dip with crudités, too.
  • dcshima
    dcshima Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Mix your bottled ranch dressing of choice 1:1 with plain non- fat greek yogurt, lower calories and added protein
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I switched to bolthouse ranch. It is actually pretty good. It is no hidden valley but, 45 cals per 2 tbsp is a win.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    OP I feel your pain. The ones I've tried are atrocious - same with light Italian dressings. I might have to try some of these suggestions for ranch.