How tall are you?
    How much do you weigh?
    What is your goal weight?
    How much do you want to lose per week?
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    oned34563 wrote: »
    Four threads on the same subject over the past week ... three in the past half hour.

The answers remain the same ... if the calories you consumed were more than your TDEE, you will gain. If they were less than your TDEE, you won't.
    Four threads on the same subject over the past week ... three in the past half hour.

The answers remain the same ... if the calories you consumed were more than your TDEE, you will gain. If they were less than your TDEE, you won't.

If 3000 calories is over your tdee then yes you will gain weight. I assume that's not the only thing you ate today?

This actually was all I consumed that day! And today I had 8 protein bars (quest bars mainly) and had like no food

If 3000 calories is over your tdee then yes you will gain weight. I assume that's not the only thing you ate today?

This actually was all I consumed that day! And today I had 8 protein bars (quest bars mainly) and had like no food

Why???

Why???

Because I have the mentality that protein bars will help me lose weight :(
    spzjlb wrote: »
    Snap out of it.

It sounds like you may need to find someone to talk to. You state that you had 15 protein bars, then follow it up with 8 the next day? Even though you are in pain and feeling bloated? This is not a healthy relationship with food.

Protein bars are a supplement to be used to increase protein once a day, like a vitamin. They are not meal replacement bars and eating more will not aid you in your weight loss. Eating a healthy, well-balanced diet will help you lose weight.

Please stop buying Quest bars, keep it to one a day max, and learn to make healthy meals that will meet your goals. Good luck!

• leahsmolinski
    leahsmolinski Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Walk away from the protein bars! That is crazy to be eating that many in one day (not to mention expensive). Losing weight is just part of being healthy. It is NOT healthy to be eating only protein bars, so maybe have 1 a day and stick to foods that will give you more nutrition (and less processed crap) like vegetables and chicken. You will feel SOOOO much better, and your body will thank you!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Come live in Australia, a box of 12 Quest bars is $48, that would nip your addiction in the bud :wink:
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Are you percolating yet? All that fiber must be getting to you. Eat some veggies and oil. You should be fine shortly. You may need a squatty potty. Dont worry.

Protein bars dont make you lose weight. Less calories make you lose weight. Protein bars are meant for supplementing when you need it not to be a main source of your daily food. Hope you feel better soon.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Mainly you'll go broke buying more Quest bars!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Anyways to lose a lot of weight fast?

How tall are you?
    How much do you weigh?
    What is your goal weight?
    How much do you want to lose per week?

And how old are you?

Nothing else matters in this thread just yet.

Again, so many red flags in this thread.
  • Metaboliccoach
    Metaboliccoach Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I wondered if there was anyone else out there making healthy protein bars out there that has had success balancing the protein 25% , fats 25%, carbs 50%. I like to eat them as a meal. I was making them with oats but switched to chia but i an sure that's a good idea.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to put this out there as it sounds like it may be helpful.

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/find-help-support

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    These are the kinds of things that make me weep for humanity....
  • icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    On the bright side, OP probably burned a ton of calories chewing them.