anyone pregnant and just trying not to gain a ton?

Options
2»

Replies

• Tanukiko
    Tanukiko Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to clarify that Im not pregant yet. We've been TTC for 6 months after a miscarriage right after we got married. I decided it was time to get back to my healthy weight. We had gotteb pregnant right before our wedding and I had just dropped 40 lbs doing keto before the wedding.

I wanted to start keto and hoping I will get pregnant but want to be able to continue throughout the pregnancy (if we are lucky enough to get pregnant).
  • Sweetkays
    Sweetkays Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am 19 weeks pregnant with my first. I've been using mfp the whole time. I was running prior to finding out I was pregnant. I've oy gained 7lbs. I find mfp helps me make sure I get enough protein, calcium and all the other important nutrients. It keeps me accountable. Thankfully I've only wanted fruits, veggies and fish. How do you add people? :0)
  • Meli1910
    Meli1910 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I've only just found out I'm 5 1/2 weeks pregnant.
    I was on a strict diet and have lost 10.2 kg (22.5pounds) in the last 9 weeks with 4kg (8.8 pounds) to my target.
    I've stopped trying to loose weight however still tracking everything I eat.
    Under Nutrition is there something to set the levels at for pregnant women.
    As my multi vitamin now is 200-300% more than MFP says I need to have.
    Appreciate any feed back.
    Thx!
    M.
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I'm 10w5d and have gained 4.6 lbs so far. I'm trying to not gain a ton so I'm still keeping track somewhat of most of my food. Trying to get back into working out regularly.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My kids are grown and it was different back in the Dark Ages, except for this fact. Yes, we gained under 20 lbs and nowadays ladies gain more while pregnant.

What isn't different is weight loss after the baby. For example I gained 19 1/2 lbs with my first pregnancy, 21 1/2 with my 2nd. That only left me with 5 lbs to lose each time.

If you gain FIFTY or EIGHTY or A HUNDRED POUNDS, you will have SO MUCH WEIGHT TO LOSE plus a newborn!

I would never say, starve your baby. But you don't need to gain a ton of weight to have a healthy baby !!!!
  • djlebreton
    djlebreton Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Meli1910 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,
    I was on a strict diet and have lost 10.2 kg (22.5pounds) in the last 9 weeks with 4kg (8.8 pounds) to my target.
    Thx!
    M.

Unfortunately there is not a setting in MFP for being pregnant. In the first trimester I would set it to maintenance. In the second tri I would set it to gain 0.5 lb per week and in third tri I would set it to gain 1 lb per week. That way it ensures you are getting the extra calories.
  • djlebreton
    Options
    I am almost 8 weeks and my scale is up 7 lbs but Ive had a lot of high sodium days and my hunger some days has been monstrous so I am really hoping thats not a true 7 lb gain :(
    I started this pregnancy at 127 lbs so I was at the lower of a healthy BMI at 5'6.
  • hanga15_
    hanga15_ Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 23 weeks pregnant with my second baby boy and I've gained 13 pounds
  • superawesomekt
    superawesomekt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So I just found out I'm pregnant with my 3rd. I just want to chime in on realistic weight gain goals. I gained 40 lbs with each of my prior pregnancies, but lost all but 15 lbs of it. I had big goals to not gain so much with #2, but my baby was born early and at a great weight, so clearly my body did what baby needed. The reason I say this is your body is going to do what your baby needs, so do what you can (eat well, exercise, sleep) and then accept the process. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying it's okay to gain 70 lbs (although no judgment here if you have in the past!) But don't beat yourself up if you gain 30 instead of 15 or 40 instead of 25. Just my two cents. It's hard being pregnant and you need to prioritize your baby!
  • superawesomekt
    Options
    djlebreton wrote: »
    I am almost 8 weeks and my scale is up 7 lbs but Ive had a lot of high sodium days and my hunger some days has been monstrous so I am really hoping thats not a true 7 lb gain :(
    I started this pregnancy at 127 lbs so I was at the lower of a healthy BMI at 5'6.

Your intuition is probably right —water gain and bloating is very common in the first few weeks! Just focus on healthy foods choices and staying hydrated! Trust your body!
  • superawesomekt
    Options
    Meli1910 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,
    Thx!
    M.

Unfortunately there is not a setting in MFP for being pregnant. In the first trimester I would set it to maintenance. In the second tri I would set it to gain 0.5 lb per week and in third tri I would set it to gain 1 lb per week. That way it ensures you are getting the extra calories.

I think that's a great approach! I always remind myself that others are puking their guts out in the first trimester, so maintenance is probably just fine
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Me! Up 17 lbs at 33 weeks and trying to stay around 25 lbs total. Still getting about an hour's worth of exercise in most days so I can keep up with the cravings (worst part of the third trimester, ugh!).
  • djlebreton
    Options

Your intuition is probably right —water gain and bloating is very common in the first few weeks! Just focus on healthy foods choices and staying hydrated! Trust your body!

Well I am now 12+3 and up 12 lbs ish. Ugh! Still having high sodium days and lotsa constipation (sorry for TMI lol) but I've made my peace that my body will gain what it needs. I am eating healthy and sticking to around 2000 calories per day. I am also back to working out 5-6 days a week doing 30 minutes of walking. So whatever will be, will be :smile: