Canadians Assemble!!

Options

Replies

• itsthehumidity
    itsthehumidity Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm not from there, but I love when I go, and I'd consider moving/working. I've visited Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver, and they're all great. I'm going back to Montreal soon, and I'm hoping to see Ottawa some day; it was ranked something like 4th best North American city for quality of life.
  • wacky2016
    wacky2016 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm from pei
  • lisa9805
    lisa9805 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    So I'm visiting the west (alberta and BC) this year and wanted to know what exciting places are out there. I have been once before as a kid and saw Banffs hot spring and Edmontons mall lol I have an 11yr old and a 17yr old girls so something interesting to them is preferable although any ideas is good. gotta start planning sites to see.
  • yoursingingrealtor
    yoursingingrealtor Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm in Ontario. North of Toronto.
  • Iguessicandothis
    Iguessicandothis Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    lisa9805 wrote: »
    So I'm visiting the west (alberta and BC) this year and wanted to know what exciting places are out there. I have been once before as a kid and saw Banffs hot spring and Edmontons mall lol I have an 11yr old and a 17yr old girls so something interesting to them is preferable although any ideas is good. gotta start planning sites to see.

The Enchanted Forest in BC has zip lining now, so that could be fun. Banff is great-you have to tour the Banff Springs hotel. Depending when you come out, there are different events. The Calgary Stampede is a big one.
  • lisa9805
    Options
    july to aug
  • Iguessicandothis
    Iguessicandothis Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Calgary Stampede is in July. I'm not sure how soon we'll find out who'll be doing concerts that week, but your kids would definitely have fun.
    The Penticton Peach fest is at the beginning of August. Lots of events going on then, plus there's the beach and tubing down the canal.
    There are endless places to hike and camp, throughout both AB and BC if you guys are into that.

• TayFit07
    TayFit07 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Yupp, Canadian here too ya'll! Alberta; from Sask :smiley:
  • MimiOfTheFraserValley
    MimiOfTheFraserValley Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Not many of us from BC - I saw one from Vancouver Island. I'm from the eastern Fraser Valley in southwestern BC. I've also lived in Saskatchewan & up in the Arctic twice. I have a lot of family in Manitoba & know people from all over our gorgeous country. Hi, all! :smiley:
  • Slateofamuse
    Slateofamuse Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I love that this thread hasn't died, I love me some proud Canadians!
  • Starman02
    Starman02 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    Starman02 wrote: »
    Edmonton Alberta! Born and Raised ;)

I'm so sorry to hear;)
    missyfitz1 wrote: »
    I'm in Calgary!

Calgary rocks:)

haha right?! Love YYC!
  • backontheattack
    backontheattack Posts: 3,178 Member
    Options
    Love Calgary :)
  • Sniper_Chick
    Sniper_Chick Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    I'm from Ontario , west of Toronto
  • sabrina_dolce
    sabrina_dolce Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    I'm from Toronto too
  • lisa9805
    Options
    yay the snow is finally melting in Ontario
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,100 Member
    Options

You make it sound like we had a lot. We didn't in South Western Ontario. It was a really disappointing winter around here.
  • viren19890
    viren19890 Posts: 778 Member
    Options

You make it sound like we had a lot. We didn't in South Western Ontario. It was a really disappointing winter around here.

lol we got all of the winter condensed in couple of weeks haha.

Although it's melting down now. We had 10 degrees today
  • henshemi
    henshemi Posts: 1,981 Member
    Options

I was chasing snow all winter long so I could go riding. Gets expensive! Terrible winter!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,100 Member
    Options
    henshemi wrote: »

I was chasing snow all winter long so I could go riding. Gets expensive! Terrible winter!

I don't ride, but I do snowshoe, cross country ski, and generally enjoy winter when it is winter. This winter was basically confined to a week here and a week there. Hopefully next winter will be better. Time to pack up the winter gear and break out the bikes, kayaks and canoe.
  • backontheattack
    backontheattack Posts: 3,178 Member
    Options
    Can't wait for camping and camp fires