Counting Enough Calories but Still Hungry?

Options
MeiannaLee
MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
edited February 2016 in Food and Nutrition
My fitbit, and mfp, stats says that Im inside of my calorie budget (I am maintaining and every week I try to aim for a 100 calorie deficit just in case I am under counting some calories here or there)
But yet, I still feel hungry at the end of the day even when I dont have any calories left to eat.
Also, I have been feeling dizzy, lightheaded and get headaches, (But I have ulcers so it might have to do with this.)
What are your thoughts?

Replies

• DanSTL82
    DanSTL82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Are your meals high in carbs and/or are you drinking soda (even diet soda)? Carbs and sweeteners can make people feel hungrier overall. Foods higher in proteins and fats will satiate you better, as will staying away from sweetened drinks.
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    EQComics wrote: »
    Are your meals high in carbs and/or are you drinking soda (even diet soda)? Carbs and sweeteners can make people feel hungrier overall. Foods higher in proteins and fats will satiate you better, as will staying away from sweetened drinks.

This makes sense. I had a bowl of cereal for dinner. It was filling at the time, but now Im sad :neutral:
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    MeiannaLee wrote: »
    EQComics wrote: »

This makes sense. I had a bowl of cereal for dinner. It was filling at the time, but now Im sad :neutral:

I don't mean to laugh. The wording gave me a good chuckle though. I've so been there with cereal. I do agree with the other commenter though. I'd just try and get good amounts of fats and proteins, even a small change can make a huge difference. Make sure you are hydrated too. :smile:
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Maybe try different types of food? I made zoodles Lo Mein for the first time today - ate a huge portion around 300 calories. I'm still in shock at how full I am. Did something similar with baked eggplant the other day - except I was groaning after about 500 cals or so.
  • Squeaksfriend
    Squeaksfriend Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sugars and starches make you hungry within a couple of hours because they cause your insulin levels to rise then your blood sugar drops quickly.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Did you recently switch to maintenance? Lots of people report that their appetite increases when they switch from cutting to maintenance. Mine did. Took a long time to get back to what I felt was more normal.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm more hungry when I first up my calories.

Also consider what you're eating. I mean...a bowl of cereal will leave me feeling wildly hungry. I only use it for an add-in to my greek yogurt.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Cereal fills me up for like 5 minutes. Protein, fiber and fats to keep you fuller longer.