Wisdom Teeth Surgery

2»

Replies

• kellykneppergrundy
    kellykneppergrundy Posts: 234 Member
    I went home after having mine removed and ate a hot pocket and then went to my Irish dance class that night. You maybe fine!
  • I had 4 pulled and couldn't really eat for a week. I lost a ton of weight!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited February 2016
    Not bad at all. I played a hardball game the same night as catcher. Took a foul ball off the mask that bothered me for a minute. It's really not that bad though other than wanting to lick the stitches...lol.
  • DanSTL82
    DanSTL82 Posts: 156 Member
    Don't exercise for a week or so. As far as the eating part, there are plenty of ways to get the calories you need in liquid/smoothie form.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Yes, you'll be able to stay on-plan. You won't exercise for a couple of days, but the first day you'll probably sleep enough what with the pain meds that you'll have no trouble keeping calories in check. And when you're awake, you probably won't feel hungry with the anaesthetic + pain meds making you foggy.

Personal experience having all four of mine out in my late 20's: the surgery was nothing. I slept most of the rest of the day and used bags of frozen baby peas as ice packs - they're perfect for this because they conform to your face. Took one pain pill and that was it. Didn't know even need the one, to be honest. I had so little bruising even people who knew I'd had surgery had to look closely to see it. My jaw was stiff for a couple of days, but I was already eating soft but textured foods like stewed apples the next day and anything other than really tough or chewy foods by the end of the week. I followed all after care instructions to the letter, and did not develop dry socket or have a single complication.

The worst thing for me after the surgery was fighting to keep from messing with the sockets, the feeling of the loose ends of the stitches, and the faint taste of blood that didn't go away until after the stitches were out and everything finally closed up for good.