I am eating a lot of cookies

Options
i was doing my diet fine until my mother brought me a box of oatmeal cookies. I ate them all

Replies

• ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    that happens. just start fresh and don't dwell on it. you got this.
  • palimon803
    palimon803 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Why did your mom buy you cookies? Does she know you're trying to lose weight? Is she using food to show love? Just curious. I agree though, just move on. Maybe be aware in the future if she's buying you food again and again?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Why all of them

Did you log them first? Try doing that next time
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Next time your mom brings you cookies, eat one, log it in, and then quickly put the rest in the freezer. Tell yourself that if it fits your goals you can have another "one" tomorrow. You need a strategy for unexpected goodies. There are lots on here by successful people. Best of luck.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Work them off.

Actions... Consequences...
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I jist ate 5 oreos amd had six donuts the other day
  • DonnaD1026
    DonnaD1026 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I have been eating too much sugar the last few weeks & feel crappy. I have also neglected coming in here. I restarted again last night & love the advice about logging them in first. I will make me think twice about if I really want them.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    That's what happens every time I deprive myself. When I eat what I want in moderation, I'm less likely to binge if someone brings me chocolate or cookies.
  • flower8330
    flower8330 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite sayings is if you drop one egg on the floor do you take the other 11 out and throw them on the floor. It happened, move on. You will be ok.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    farmerpam1 wrote: »
    Why did your mom buy you cookies? Does she know you're trying to lose weight? Is she using food to show love? Just curious. I agree though, just move on. Maybe be aware in the future if she's buying you food again and again?

It's not OP's mother's responsibility to monitor and keep her on her diet. That responsibility lies solely with OP.
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Yum
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Cookies happen. Log it and move on. Think about the situation and how you could do things differently in the future. Others have made some good suggestions. I usually do better when I save a few calories for a treat at the end of the day. Knowing that I can have a cookie, or ice cream, or beer helps me feel less 'on a diet' and encourages better choices throughout the day.
  • palimon803
    palimon803 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your advice!!!
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Last year for Easter(my favorite holiday) my mom gave me the biggest hollow chocolate bunny(my favorite candy). I broke it into pieces and weighed to what I could fit each day. It took like 3 weeks to finish but, it was worth it. On the other end I finished a package of double stuffed Oreo's in 2 days this week. It was delicious. I logged it and moved on with life. Still lost this week somehow. A day is just a drop in the bucket.
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    seems to be the week for sweets.. I had so many gingersnaps... went thru a box so quickly.. I think the best thing to do next time is to split them up in portion controlled sizes so not only can you enjoy them once.. you can enjoy them a few more times instead of mindless eating.. which tends to happen to a lot of us at one time or another
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Log it and move forward. Learn from this . try to figure out how you can handle the situation differently next time. Make a plan like " next time I will allow myself to fit 3 cookies in along side of a healthy well balanced diet instead of eating all of them in one day "
    There's no need to punish yourself and try to work off an entire box of cookies like another member mentioned. That could lead to a dangerous cycle of over eating +over exercising . instead learn from this and make a game plan for the next time you are given cookies.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Last year for Easter(my favorite holiday) my mom gave me the biggest hollow chocolate bunny(my favorite candy). I broke it into pieces and weighed to what I could fit each day. It took like 3 weeks to finish but, it was worth it. On the other end I finished a package of double stuffed Oreo's in 2 days this week. It was delicious. I logged it and moved on with life. Still lost this week somehow. A day is just a drop in the bucket.

I am in awe of this level of restraint in the face of a giant chocolate Easter bunny. My hat is off.

• farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    farmerpam1 wrote: »

It's not OP's mother's responsibility to monitor and keep her on her diet. That responsibility lies solely with OP.

Yes, I agree. We are only responsible for ourselves and our choices. But perhaps it's a dysfunctional dance that OP and mom are involved in without realizing. Some families use food to express love. Awareness is the first step to change.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »

I am in awe of this level of restraint in the face of a giant chocolate Easter bunny. My hat is off.

I wish I would've shown that restraint with the Oreo's. It was so hard but, some days I was able to have slot and others not so much.