20something teacher, 45lbs--buddies?

Options
Hey all! This is a new account here on MFP; I had one three years ago and a lot of success because of it. I'm looking to lose about 45lbs right now. I'd love if anyone with a similar goal, age, and/or career (I find that this job is the most exhausting I've ever had and I'd like to find other teachers who have figured out how to balance heath and work...). Feel free to add me! :)

Replies

• SiaB12
    SiaB12 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 25 & a first year teacher. I must agree, this job is quite exhausting!! I have 49 more pounds to go to reach my goal. Good luck!
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm a high school teacher, and yes, it is exhausting. Overall, my goal is get down to 125-ish pounds. I'd lost about 25 pounds from June to October, stalled then gained 12 back over the last 2 months due to monetary stress. Lack of adequate pay equals its own stress. Teaching has very different stressors than many other fields so finding support from those who get it can help. Feel free to add me. Oh, and I'm 52, so not as young as you!

• mariatsk
    mariatsk Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey! 30 year old elementary school substitute teacher currently doing a one-year program at uni to become a middle + secondary/ high school teacher. Don't have as much to lose, but definitely feel the stress of combining work and enough exercise at times! Will try adding you:)
  • alysonryan517
    alysonryan517 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    25 and a 1st year 2nd grade public school teacher! I'm trying to lose 30 pounds . We should totally be friends :)
  • anthony120576
    anthony120576 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best! If you want to friend me, we can support each other
  • FromFattie2Fittie
    FromFattie2Fittie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am 24, a special education para, and studying psychology so I'm kinda a teacher haha. But I have more to lose than you- my goal is 80lbs! Feel free to add me :)
  • Ghost1355
    Ghost1355 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there I'm Sampson
    I'm no teacher but I'm 20yrs old and I'm a welder at a construction company
  • bobbiedr
    bobbiedr Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a 32 year old elementary teacher. I'm looking to lose about 40 pounds.
  • emilyvictoria7
    emilyvictoria7 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm not a teacher but I am a 22yo correctional social worker so I find balancing career and health super difficult as well! Would love to make some new friends to keep motivated on here.
    I've used this app for years on and off with no results. Trying to give it a good go this time around with small goals. I'm attempting to lose 20lbs over the next 3-4 months first but ideally would like to lose 70lbs+ and get under the 200lbs mark!
  • FromFattie2Fittie
    FromFattie2Fittie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am a 25 year old special education para, studying to be a school social worker :) I will add ya. I need to lose 80lbs overall- hoping I can do this throughout 2017