Any older men or women who have weight to lose?

Options
I'm talking a substantial weight loss here, so anyone willing to travel this long road with me?

Replies

• Malenurse51
    Malenurse51 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Who you calling "old"? :D 64 here, 188 down from 264.
  • barbaradavies66
    barbaradavies66 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Haha! I'm impressed with both your stats ;)
    X
  • KitchyWitchy
    KitchyWitchy Posts: 57 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm 47 and I still have about 60 pounds to go. Here for the long haul.
  • barbaradavies66
    Options
    Yes a long journey but we can do it x
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I was 56 thru 58 years old when I lost 75 pounds. Kept it off for 5 years. We can do it.
  • NancySDA
    NancySDA Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am 55 and lost weight in the past. But it has been 5 years, job loss, and a divorce later and I gained it all back plus. SO NOW, I am finally at that place where I am READY...to crawl out of my funk, take charge of my life again. I am determined...and I can be stubborn. LOL! I have 81pounds to lose.
  • barbaradavies66
    Options
    We are still beautiful. Nancy, I'm there too.... Let's take charge and do this x
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    You got this!
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Yes, the body is an amazing thing. These legs have walked, carried us for a lng time, the heart ever beating. Gratitude and peace.
  • 15lbsthinner
    15lbsthinner Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm 58 want to lose 35 lbs. seems impossible, no matter what I do the scale doesn't seem to notice! This is a restart for me and could really use the support from similarly situated friends!
  • janetmabryedgecombe
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm 40 and I have been overweight most of my life. I'm tired of the rollercoaster with my weight.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm 58 want to lose 35 lbs. seems impossible, no matter what I do the scale doesn't seem to notice! This is a restart for me and could really use the support from similarly situated friends!

Open your diary, please. Add me, and we can do this. If you can learn from the experiences of others, this is the site for it.
  • Steviemac64
    Steviemac64 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    HI all 51 and looking to lose 50 pounds , I have tried in the past and failed but now the blood pressure is a problem so I am ready for a fight
  • tdaniels54
    tdaniels54 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am 61. It took me 4 years to lose 65 lbs. I have 10 more to go. By taking it slowly I have had the time to change my eating habits. It's all about portion control and choosing healthy alternatives and exercise. I walk 3-6 mi./day. Now that I am close to my goal, I've joined Myfitnesspal to track my food. Good luck on your journey! You can add me as a friend.
  • victoriaratcliffe1972
    Options
    Hi, I'm 44 and fed up of wearing the big frumpy clothes to hide the ever growing 'love handles' & belly!! I am in need of support to do this as I can hear the twinkies calling me.........
  • LaurieB0310
    LaurieB0310 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Me me me me! Can you add me as a friend. I'm new here and trying to figure this out. I'm 51, in California and trying to get back on track.
  • MarziDeThrall
    MarziDeThrall Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    46 with about 77 lbs to go. Add me if you like and good luck on your journey. :)
  • Morglez
    Morglez Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I will be 40 in June... not sure if that count's as "older", lol. (I like to think not!) I have over 100 pounds to lose, so this new journey of mine is going to be a long one! I just started back at this again a couple weeks ago and have lost about 12 lbs so far. I am always looking to add people and have people add me, so anyone is welcome to send a request.
    Good luck everyone!
  • jenfitness00
    jenfitness00 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm talking a substantial weight loss here, so anyone willing to travel this long road with me?

Would very much like to be your friend.

I'm Jen. 64 years old -- and tired of the yo-yo dieting.

I still look somewhat younger I am told and I just want to be fit as I get older and
    not be like some who really go down hill. I enjoy seeing Betty White and Dick Van *kitten* --
    they are growing old gracefully. That's want I want to do!

Please contact me to be buddies on here. Let's set a goal, keep in touch and DO IT!!!

Thank you! Jen
  • barbaradavies66
    Options
    Thank you all. Good to know that there are others out there with the same struggle. I've added you all. Let's do this together x