270lb Woman. 20yr old. Help*

Options
I currently weight 270lb. I have currently been taking steps to changing my life. I have cut out all sodas and Fast Food. I currently have been walking and biking 2-3 miles a day. I need some insight into what i need to do as i start to loose weight and as time goes on. I just want to know the best way possible that i can accomplish my goals. I am very motivated at this point. But i don't want to spiral backwards due to my lack of knowledge.
If you can give any tips or help in any way possible it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance!

Replies

• Mountainbum777
    Mountainbum777 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Cutting out the sodas and fast was an excellent first step, and actually the first step I took long ago also. Replacing all drinks with water helped immesnaly also.

The best thing you could do now is buy a digital food scale, figure out your current maintenance calories, and start eating in a caloric deficit.

It all seems very complicated, but losing weight is very simple. If you consume less calories than you burn in a day, you lose weight. It's important to weigh and measure your food, and log it honestly and you will see the lbs shedding off.

Keep up the exercise for sure, but focus on the diet first, all the exercise in the world will not help you lose wait if you are eating at or above your maintenance cals. The exercise will only get easier and more intense as you lose weight.

Good luck!
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    This will get me hell but oh well??

Food Prep is key- always having something prepared so you don't make the bad choices and blow up your calories for the day. My 2 cents
  • LiftRunRepeat22
    LiftRunRepeat22 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I would say, diet is key. Can't out exercise a bad diet. Get rid of crap in your house and plan ahead. You seem to be doing a good job with exercise, keep it up :)
  • DanSTL82
    DanSTL82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Do you have the MyFitnessPal app? Just put in your stats, set your goal to be 1 or 2 lbs of weight loss per week, and make sure that you stay under your calorie limit each day. That is literally all you need to do. It will absolutely work for everybody, no matter who you are. It's just science.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Go to the top of this forum and read the "stickies"--those posts that are marked at the top for new people. Lots of good information in there. You can also read different ones in the other forums. At the beginning, the amount of information might feel overwhelming, but you'll learn as you go. Ask questions (be prepared for answers, lol), take information with a grain of salt, and learn who to listen to. Many posters and moderators have been here a really long time and have endless patience when it comes to sharing good information.

It sounds like you are off to a great start. Changing those two things, fast food and soda, will make a difference.
    Oh, and remember that you are human. If you have a bad day, week, month, whatever, don't give up. Many people here struggle, but there is always a reason to get back on the proverbial horse. You. And you're worth it :)