Can't seem to keep it together

Options
Every week I tell myself that this is the week I will stick to my goals and each week I fail. Trying real hard, but losing faith. :(

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    How hard are you trying? Could it be that you are trying harder than you need to? To lose weight, all you need is a calorie deficit, but you need to sustain it over a looooong time, so it better be a plan you can and will stick to for the long haul.

(Example: Picking 2 pounds weight loss goal and getting 1200 calories. This is the most common issue. Not your fault, it's the "guided" setup that naturally leads one to this.)
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    as @kommodevaran says - it sounds like you are trying too hard. Long and slow is the best way. Give yourself more calories and you will hardly notice that you are even trying to lose weight.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    This^^ And when you hit your goal weight, maintenance should be piece of cake by then.
  • jennkaufer89
    jennkaufer89 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Take it one day, one meal at a time. When you zoom out and say, "Oh this week is going to be my week," you rob yourself of being present in the moment. Start by saying, "Today I am going to log breakfast!" Do that, give yourself a mental goal star, and build from there, "Now I am going to log lunch!"

Take baby steps! You got this!
  • kissedbythesunshine
    Options
    Take it one day, one meal at a time. When you zoom out and say, "Oh this week is going to be my week," you rob yourself of being present in the moment. Start by saying, "Today I am going to log breakfast!" Do that, give yourself a mental goal star, and build from there, "Now I am going to log lunch!"

Take baby steps! You got this!

Perfect advice
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Up until about six weeks ago, I never tracked my meals. It was hard at first, now it's just a routine. Don't beat yourself up for one. Secondly, set short term goals. A goal every day if you have to. If you only have long term goals, and you don't meet them. You'll just beat yourself up. You had to crawl before you walked?
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    And nobody's perfect 100% of the time. No one. Cut yourself some slack. You just have to start one more time than you fail. Just one! :smiley:
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Join some challenges on MFP and stay accountable. Like previous posters have said take it small steps at a time and let your successes guide you.

You will be so proud of yourself. Good luck.

I am 68 and have lost 42 lbs over the last three years. I have started loving to be active and I do activities that I enjoy. Walking a lot and Body Attack at the Y. Find activities you enjoy. And find goods you love that are better choices.