What did you do to combat facial skin wrinkles from losing fat?

Options
I am happy I'm losing excess fat! But, I seem to have lost the mojo out of my face from losing fat there! Is there any way to combat that?
Thanks. :)

Replies

• RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    A good moisturizer is what I'm trying. I like Clinique's products.
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    It will probably tighten up some on its own over the next year, but there is no product you can rub on that will tighten the skin for you. Cosmetic surgery is the only thing that can do that.
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into doing facial exercises?
  • katie47n
    katie47n Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My general anti-wrinkle regimen: Retin-A Micro every night, a vitamin C serum during the day (Skinceuticals CE Ferulic is the best one, but also most expensive), and a moisturizer with niacinamide (I like CeraVe PM moisturizer). Also, during the day use a broad spectrum sunscreen. Look for ones with physical blockers such as zinc oxide, they tend to be most effective and cause the least irritation. Hope that helps!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I am happy I'm losing excess fat! But, I seem to have lost the mojo out of my face from losing fat there! Is there any way to combat that?
    Thanks. :)

I have the same issue. mostly around my mouth. looks like I smoked and I never have. makes me look about 10 years older(I think anyway). so you are not alone.cant say what to use as I am hoping others will state things that will work some,without being too pricey
  • jaebennetti
    jaebennetti Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I use grapeseed oil after my shower and it works great. No loose skin.
  • LuckyNumbers
    LuckyNumbers Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I second the use of oils. Apricot oil is another good option - DH started using it last year and it reduced some pretty intense wrinkles he had on his forehead. I like switching between argan oil and marula oil. A little pricier, but they seem to work better for my skin.
  • Chenry18
    Chenry18 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Product won't help unfortunately. Filler. I did Botox, too. It's a totally personal decision and I'm incredibly happy with it!
  • Shenvalleygurl
    Shenvalleygurl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm saving up for a neck lift!
  • BecomeBetterThanMyYesterMe
    BecomeBetterThanMyYesterMe Posts: 114 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Thank a lot everyone!
  • csillabrimer978
    csillabrimer978 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've met a lady who looked like 50, but she said she was 70. Her secret was wearing sun screen all the time and retin A ( I think you can buy it in Mexico or get it prescribed in US )
  • chrysalis2015
    chrysalis2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I was getting a little saggy at the neck/eyes...got the Clinique Smart Repair night mask. Very thick. I have sensitive skin - no breakouts. One of the things the girl said was to always put the heavy face stuff on your neck/decolletage area which a lot of folks skip.

Also said lots of water/green tea.

I think I also just caught it early and dealt with it while losing the weight. So far, so good. Told someone my age and they said they would've guessed 10 years younger or so, so I'll take it :smile:
  • kwohl
    kwohl Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have used tons of things....from very expensive to cheap. My favorits now are yes, PONDS!! It smells awesome and does a great job. I also use CereVe and coconut oil sometimes.....I can't afford Botox but these are my favorite products for my skin.
  • BecomeBetterThanMyYesterMe
    Options
    Thanks again everyone!
    How's Olay's firm & lift?
  • CSantos07
    CSantos07 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Argan oil every night!
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have found the Aldi Creams brilliant, not sure if it helps with loose skin from weight loss, but for me its made my skin feel the best it has in years, and few people have commented how much better my skin looks, fine lines reduced etc. Lacuna i thinks its called, i got day, night and eye cream for about a tenner or so x
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Also just started using the Aldi Caviar cream, its about 7 quid, but a little goes a long way, x
  • eugenia94102
    eugenia94102 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I find it much more affordable to consult a dermatologist to help your set a daily routine than to keep trying different products. I do get twice a year treatments (in my case, laser).
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    kwohl wrote: »
    I have used tons of things....from very expensive to cheap. My favorits now are yes, PONDS!! It smells awesome and does a great job. I also use CereVe and coconut oil sometimes.....I can't afford Botox but these are my favorite products for my skin.

You can still get Ponds Cold Cream? My mum always used that, and looked younger than she really was until her last few years. I loved the smell of it too. :smile:
  • MiniNyoom
    MiniNyoom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I want to agree with everyone who said sunscreen here, sun is your skins enemy! It won't help reduce wrinkles you already have but it will prevent future wrinkles and keep your skin young and healthy. And slather on your favorite moisturizer :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!