Hike 40

Options
agarlits
agarlits Posts: 429 Member
edited February 2016 in Challenges
If you're like me and work crazy hours during the week. You probably find yourself wondering how you're supposed to fit an hour or two in at the gym everyday to achieve your health and fitness goals. I fpund recently that hiking is the answer for me. I maintain my eating habbits throughout the week and while I dont always track of MFP religiously I do hold myself accountable. I work at staying as active as possible at work and at home and I get out every weekend with my 35lb pack and hike something. Because walking through the rough terrain with that extra weight helps you burn north of 1000 calories an hour, it allows you to have one large workout session on the weekend and end up massively under your calories for the week (and is a great excuse to knock back a few, guilt free post hike beers). I've also found that the quiet time away from the noise and stress of the day to day has helped me manage my PTSD better than ever. So here's the challenge for anyone strong enough to try. Resolve to hike 40 miles or 40 hikes depending on your fitness level.

[edited by MFP Moderator]

Replies