Maintenance

Options
Maintenance is not as easy as you may think it is you still have to eat right exercise and it's really hard to keep that go on where you are pushing yourself all the time when you're trying to lose weight what keeps you going in maintenance how do you do it thank you

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    I lost at a slow rate eating the food I liked just in smaller portions.

I also exercised a reasonable amount eating back the calories.

When I first entered maintenance I carried on with my calorie counting finding the new goal and sense of achievement was staying within my 5 lbs calorie range.

A few month later I was use to my calorie needs and weened myself off logging.

I have kept up a reasonable exercise programme of 60x5 per week, but know if I skip a day or week I just don't eat the caloric equivalent of the exercise I missed.

It takes time to get maintenance correct, but it can be done. If you find you are still having to push too hard reassess where you want to be.
    Less exercise= drop your calories.
    Above, but don't want to drop your calories, work out what your weight will be with the same calories but less exercise and decide if that is something you can live with.
    Play with your stats in a TDEE calculator like fitnessfrog and find what is liveable long term if the maintenance you are at now is too difficult to maintain.

Cheers, h.
  • tburgess242002
    tburgess242002 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Thanks