are some folks actually happy being extremely overweight?

Options
124»

Replies

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    I don't know that happiness has a ton do with your weight. It's a state of mind. Fatness is a state of body.

I was happy fat. I'm happy now that I've lost some weight. I had moments of dissatisfaction when I was heavier because there were things I wanted to do that weren't all that fun due to my size. But I didn't dislike myself in anyway. My general awesomeness still shined through. Now my pants fit better. I think it's wrong to say fat people can't be happy.

You are awesome, @enterdanger !

Thanks @try2again
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Maybe its because I know how I feel about myself...hating how overweight I am but actually doing something about it now...but are there extremely overweight people that have no problem with it?

I only ask because I saw a commercial for that show about the fat woman..My Big Fat Fabulous Life..and she seems to be so happy to be fat. "Empowered" because she's fine with being fat. Is she just full of crap?

Her fat makes her money. But absolutely there are people who are extremely overweight and happy. Maybe not happy about their weight, but that doesn't mean they can't have a happy life.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,005 Member
    Options
    MandaB9780 wrote: »
    Speaking for myself only, I'd say she's full of crap. I've put up a great front for all the years that I've been this way. It's been difficult to lose the weight due to health issues and any time I've ever expressed being unhappy, I receive an immediate "well, do something about it" from someone who has ZERO clue what it's like - the pain, the hopelessness. So rather than keep getting those looks like I was making excuses, I just put on a happy face, while I was dying inside. I've never given up completely because I know that will only make it worse. So while I may have been losing the same 20 lbs for the last few years, at least I haven't put on an additional 20 lbs.

I will never give up. I want this too bad.

Yes that is how you felt.

It doesn't mean it is how everyone else obese feels.