My 2 year mfp anniversary! 130lbs lost, morbidly obese to healthy. PICS!

Options
ElvenToad
ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
Tomorrow will be my official 2 year anniversary here. Feb 28th 2014 I weighed in at 268lbs at 5'4, size 22. I've posted my success story before, once when I hit Onderland at 69lbs down, and another when I hit that big 100lbs lost club. I feel I owe it to myself to mark these 2 new milestones on my journey with another post. 2 years of logging everyday, and 130lbs lost. That's something to be proud of and I am!

Without going into my entire life's story I just want to share that I was morbidly obese for 20+ years, I'm 33 now. So this is all brand new to me, being at a healthy weight. Calories in vs calories out, food scale, Fitbit, its amazing. Anyway, today I weighed in at 138lbs, and I wear a size 4. I'm in the home stretch, working on those last 8-10lbs now to my goal weight. I feel like a new person, I found confidence in myself that I never had before. I feel amazing, I have more energy, I actually care about myself now. All good things and I look forward to maintenance! I will continue to log here and monitor my intake, get in my daily exercise. I will also continue to read the success stories here every single morning with my coffee! Its just so inspiring to see everyone taking control of their health :smile:

gh1r7n8sdtfs.jpg

bdx41or1f3xm.jpg

I made this at 100lbs down, and its cool to see how the weight comes off so even though its outdated now by 30lbs, I still wanted to include it.

qdkhevcshos8.jpg

88pem3b7zofa.jpg

Replies

• fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Congratulations- 2 years of hard work and you look fabulous!
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Oh, congratulations! You look, and must feel, incredible. Happy Anniversary on MFP, and what a way to celebrate it!!!! :smiley:
  • Camish911
    Camish911 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    That is pretty dang impressive! Great job!
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I love the photo progression! Such a cool tool to keep up with progress. Super well done you look fab.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    That is absolutely amazing. You totally rock!
  • lisamarie290
    lisamarie290 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You deserve to be proud, what an amazing journey! Thank you for sharing your story and the photos. You are an inspiration!
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, I carry my extra weight exactly like you do and it is lovely to see your progress. Thank you and Congratulations!!
  • EmilyNan
    EmilyNan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You are so inspiring!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Beautiful <3
  • cmteach4
    cmteach4 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You are totally awesome! Wow, I am so happy for you and it is very interesting to see the progression of weight loss, my tummy is the last to go too! Ha ha! You should be proud and I hope you can put whatever caused you to be morbidly obese behind you! You were so young that I imagine it was beyond your control then for sure! I know you will reach goal and rock the maintenance! Thanks for sharing! Take care and I wish you mch sunshine and happiness!
  • Dvdgzz
    Dvdgzz Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look great! Cico indeed.
  • ElvenToad
    Options
    Thank you for all the kind words!
  • tkave
    tkave Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You're amazing. Thank you for sharing your story!
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Woot woot! Way to go! I'm also approaching my two year anniversary here. Not quite as successful as you've been, but in it for the long haul.
    You're doing everything the right way, I wish you continued progress and then successful maintenance. With what you've accomplished so far, I've no doubt you'll be one of the ones who keep it off. Good job!
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    You have every reason to be proud of yourself!! Enjoy the new you! You look beautiful!
  • Birddawg67
    Birddawg67 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great job! I hope I can duplicate half of what you have done. 40 down 58 to go for me.
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look wonderful!! Thanks for sharing!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Spectacular!
  • ElvenToad
    Options
    Woot woot! Way to go! I'm also approaching my two year anniversary here. Not quite as successful as you've been, but in it for the long haul.
    You're doing everything the right way, I wish you continued progress and then successful maintenance. With what you've accomplished so far, I've no doubt you'll be one of the ones who keep it off. Good job!

Thank you! Yes that is my goal, learning how to maintain and keep the weight off! I am 100% confident in my ability to do that with all that I have learned over the past two years. I have had bad days, and made mistakes but I never let them derail me and I think that is a huge key part of being successful :wink:
  • steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!