Seriously?!

tvgal
tvgal Posts: 87
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I saw this place on Man Vs. Food...but i thought they had said the guy was an actual doctor....would you eat here???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbKRSYAuSNg

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    I saw this place on Man Vs. Food...but i thought they had said the guy was an actual doctor....would you eat here???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbKRSYAuSNg
    Simply looks like a novelty place looking for business..

He does say he's NOT a doc and the waitresses obviously aren't nurses either!:tongue: . YUM-O Buns coated in lard, fries cooked in lard, the 4 patties 1/2 lb. each coated in lard with 4 pieces of cheese, mmmmmmmmmmmm who wouldn't eat something like this for a snack! Plus no salad bar, instead an all you can eat fry line, all fried in lard.

Sign me up!!:laugh: :sick: Obviously I'm kidding, I didn't watch the whole thing and never saw a customer walk out the door, so maybe none do!:laugh: :ohwell:
    Cute waitress's and crazy food will definitely pull ppl looking for crazy food choices that aren't yet looking to be healthy into this PLACE! Bet they do great business:smokin: Once the current customers drop dead there will always be more coming through the door until more is done about places like this.

Thanks for the smile and discust (not meant in a mean way at all toward you:wink: ) as it helps me see how far I've come and how healthy I eat nowadays:flowerforyou: Not that I recall ever eating a lard burger that weighed over 2 lbs. hmm
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    There is no way in hell I would go and support a place like that. That is disgusting. Absolutely awful. Ew.
  • sarahricks
    sarahricks Posts: 90 Member
    Dude 8,000 calories. And that's not counting the all you can eat fries or your drink. I think I'd be sick.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    it is gross, but almost one of those places you have to go once in life. I am sure the waitresses make good tips!! :)
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,447 Member
    NO! How rediculously sad.. the food doesn't even look good! It's all about the experience it looks like. Oh yea... the sexy dressed nurse waitresses perhaps? Did you see any women eating there ? The only I saw were kids that were probably taken with their dad's.. and they all looked overweight.... 8000 calories in there quad burger.. YUCK! The guy looked like he was slowly dying while eating it!
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    The quad is almost five days worth of calories for me, not even considering the saturated fat. But that's the beauty of America. We all have freedom of choice--for now.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    My bowels quake at the mere thought.....
  • HealthyChanges2010
    it is gross, but almost one of those places you have to go once in life. I am sure the waitresses make good tips!! :)
    I agree on the tips, bet they do!! Especially since most would be in quite the stupor when they were packing themselves up to leave after eating that sort of food, especially the all you can eats.
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    It cracks me up that the "doctor" is saying that people are tired of being told things are bad for you and don't eat it, and how they just want that golden moment where they get what they want. It looks like the people in this segement have been eating/getting what they want ever since they started eating.

8,000 calories for the quadruple burger . . . I'm sure it will definitely lead to a quadruple by-pass one day!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    NO! How rediculously sad.. the food doesn't even look good! It's all about the experience it looks like. Oh yea... the sexy dressed nurse waitresses perhaps? Did you see any women eating there ? The only I saw were kids that were probably taken with their dad's.. and they all looked overweight.... 8000 calories in there quad burger.. YUCK! The guy looked like he was slowly dying while eating it!
    Just the one, looked older and was picking a bit off her hubbys plate, that's the only one I saw.

Really sad to see a small child there though:ohwell:

What I found most disturbing of all? The guy that runs the place (the fake doc) used to be a nutrionist, decided folks couldn't stick to diets so he decided to open this place. That's just beyond words, it makes me speechless as it shows such disrepect for the entire profession of those that truly do care.
  • georgette70
    georgette70 Posts: 158
    Perhaps if they had waitresses/nurses the same size as half the customers...it may not be so popular!!! Personally I take offence to that whole concept of that restaurant (not your post :smile: ) My dad had a heart attack followed by a quadruple bypass with a ton of complications which ultimately resulted in his death. (btw, he was not an overweight man at all). I just find the name of the restaurant, the fake doctor, the fake nurses with even more fake parts in really poor taste!!! What is happening in this world!!!
  • Paul76
    Paul76 Posts: 158
    I won't lie, I'd probably go just to say I did it, but certainly wouldn't hit a triple or quadruple bybass burger. I might hit the double though!
  • lina1131
    Perhaps if they had waitresses/nurses the same size as half the customers...it may not be so popular!!! Personally I take offence to that whole concept of that restaurant (not your post :smile: ) My dad had a heart attack followed by a quadruple bypass with a ton of complications which ultimately resulted in his death. (btw, he was not an overweight man at all). I just find the name of the restaurant, the fake doctor, the fake nurses with even more fake parts in really poor taste!!! What is happening in this world!!!

People will do anything to make a dollar. It is disgusting. Everything about it.
  • georgette70
    georgette70 Posts: 158

People will do anything to make a dollar. It is disgusting. Everything about it.

Yes, I couldn't agree more Lina!
  • Stewie316
    Stewie316 Posts: 266 Member
    I live near there, but never been. My husband went there once and said it's nothing special. He said the coke is really good though because it's made with real sugar. I believe if you weigh over a certain amount you can eat there for free.
  • lina1131
    I looked it up and it says...

Customers over 350 lb (160 kg) in weight eat for free if they weigh in with a doctor or nurse before each burger.

This should be illegal. :indifferent:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,447 Member
    In order for a restaurant to stay around... they need location and that "catch" that something that draws in customers and keeps 'em coming back..... go figure a man thought of this one. SORRY GUYS! But c'mon... nothing but burgers, fries and full flavored beer and soda... not to mention the way the waitresses are dressed. I'd be surprised if they're uniforms are up to restaurant dress code. (Culinary graduate here) I get very mad at things like that. Thank goodness I stopped buying meat from my local grocer (and now a local farm) I was in the grocery store the other day and one of the butcher techs didn't even have her hair pulled back, and it was beyond shoulder lenght, I wanted to find the manager and complain!!!
  • tvgal
    tvgal Posts: 87

Customers over 350 lb (160 kg) in weight eat for free if they weigh in with a doctor or nurse before each burger.

WHAT THE HECK?! Why on Earth...that's just...i can't even formulate complete thoughts about this one.
  • april522
    I'd be surprised if they're uniforms are up to restaurant dress code. (Culinary graduate here) I get very mad at things like that.
    I'm a culinary graduate also!
  • april522

WHAT THE HECK?! Why on Earth...that's just...i can't even formulate complete thoughts about this one.
    I know what you mean! It's like rewarding the overweight . . .
This discussion has been closed.