Breakfast Ideas???

Options
Anyone any high protein breakfast ideas?thanks

Replies

• CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I just had a delicious 2 rashers of smoked bacon and 2 scrambled eggs for 31g of protein. Nom!
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Some egg whites with Greek yogurt!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    eggs/egg whites with bacon, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, protein powder in yogurt or oats
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    pandora721 wrote: »
    Some egg whites with Greek yogurt!

I add whole eggs and cheese to the mix, but basically this
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with berries.
  • adamssr1
    adamssr1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone... Just finding the high protein hard
  • spitefully
    spitefully Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been having low protein breakfast and then spamming grilled chicken breast/salmon for lunch and dinner with broccoli. I don't think that's sustainable haha.

My breakfast is usually two whole fried eggs in oatmeal and raisins. Weird combo but I'm a student and had those ingredients on hand for this past week.
  • adamssr1
    Options
    Lol..weird but nutritious .... Just trying to see alternative s to eggs as high in fat.thanks
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled egg and oatmeal with fruit. I have it almost every day.
  • jheitz231
    jheitz231 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Protein pancakes. 1 serving peanut butter. 1.5 servings oats. 1serving cottage cheese. 4 servings eggwhites. Cinnamon and vanilla mixed together to make batter.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I make crustless quiche a lot. I am sure there are tons of recipes online. Also, this protein pancake recipe looks great. I haven't tried it yet, but for 43g of protein I'm going to give it a try someday.
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Two overeasy eggs on toasted English muffins.
  • sbrooks0387
    sbrooks0387 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Lol..weird but nutritious .... Just trying to see alternative s to eggs as high in fat.thanks

fats are not necessarily bad for you.

since i have a flock of laying hens and eat eggs every day (2-5 a day, depending on if i have them for breakfast-and i usually do) I feel compelled to point out the below:

"Eggs are loaded with high-quality proteins, vitamins, minerals, good fats and various trace nutrients.

A large egg contains:

Only 77 calories, with 5 grams of fat and 6 grams of protein with all 9 essential amino acids.
    Rich in iron, phosphorous, selenium and vitamins A, B12, B2 and B5 (among others).
    One egg contains 113 mg of Choline – a very important nutrient for the brain, among other things. A study revealed that 90% of Americans may not get enough choline in their diet (11).
    If you decide to include eggs in your diet (you should) then make sure to eat Omega-3 enriched or pastured eggs. They are much more nutritious than eggs from factory-raised chickens.

Eat the yolks, they contain pretty much all the nutrients!"

I also had blood work done at my last physically and everything falls well with in the normal ranges. eggs have gotten a somewhat bad stigma attached to them, for some reason.

I would recommend buying eggs from a farmer or backyard flock if you are able. besides the hens living in better conditions their eggs do contain more nutrients than eggs you will find in a store (because commercially kept hens do not have access to grass/forage and bugs etc).
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    3-ingredient egg muffins. Egg, lentil, and carrot muffins. Or egg, banana, and peanut butter muffins. Or whatever. Cheese omelette. Boiled eggs. Scrambled eggs and tomatoes. Bean soup. Lentil soup. Meat.

Breakfast isn't a special meal. Eat what you'd normally eat for lunch or dinner.
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Two eggs scrambled with spinach and feta (or any cheese). Tasty, filling and full of protein! Also only 276 calories when eaten with some strawberries and blueberries. Also, a peanut butter bacon sandwich is excellent!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I start the weekdays with a pseudo chocolate flavored protein drink. It passes for "tasty". The protein is high.
  • MamaMc3
    MamaMc3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Try expanding your idea of "breakfast food." You can eat chicken, steak, fish, etc. for breakfast, too. I struggle with breakfast because I only have time to grab and go in the morning, and most of my ideas are higher carb. I need more protein to feel full, so I may start just treating it like another lunch!
  • adamssr1
    Options

Thanks all for the advice... Think I need mentality change re breakfast...I'll give it a try :):)
  • vanny24mvp
    vanny24mvp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I usually eat MyProtein Pancake Mix, it has around 30 grams of protein per portion (190kcal). You can also add one or two raw eggs into the mixture to increase protein amount.
  • mia1blue
    mia1blue Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    they say start breakfast with dinner and breakfast for dinner, helps with the protein and keeps you full. has anyone tried doing that?