Alcohol on a night out!

Options
Okay so I'm just wondering what people drink on nights out.

I know spirits are less calories then beer or sugary cocktails! But what do you guys drink with it?

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I drink every weekend, wine, beer, caesars, coolers, whatever. I just work it off., you can go and drink the diet stuff, but I think its all crap, and low percent crap too.
  • emmycantbemeeko
    emmycantbemeeko Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to drink, I usually have either a gin and tonic or, if it's a place with an interesting specialty cocktail, one of those, or a glass of wine/beer. It's a lot of empty calories, sure, but I'm drinking as a treat and to relax on a special occasion, I don't see the point to drinking something I don't really enjoy just because its's a little lower cal.

I no longer get drunk, but that's mostly due to having reached the age where the hangover is not worth it. I do think it's very hard for most people after several drinks to make good food choices- I know that I would always be really hungry and eat something pretty serious when I got home after a night of drinking, especially if they were drinks with sugary mixers, so at least while attempting to eat in a deficit, learning to nurse a drink is a potentially useful strategy.
  • PetroBolah
    PetroBolah Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've started taking 4 days off a week from drinking (Mon,Wed,Thur,Sun) and having this routine has helped me a lot! If i do drink I stick to either Vodka or Red wine
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    PetroBolah wrote: »
    I've started taking 4 days off a week from drinking (Mon,Wed,Thur,Sun) and having this routine has helped me a lot! If i do drink I stick to either Vodka or Red wine

I also have limited my drinking during the week (2 or 3 beers with dinner, before bed) ... it makes my evenings out more of a treat. I don't pick and choose alcohol based on calories - if I'm going to drink, I want to enjoy my evening! (I do try to have a long run on the weekends, which helps offset the calories.)
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    ^^^ to clarify, lol, I used to have 2-3 beers a night. I don't have any during the week now. /sheesh, what a lush.../ :p
  • walkjem
    walkjem Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Lol, glad you clarified!
    My husband and I were in a bad habit of drinking 2 drinks every evening. It's easy to fall into the thought process of: it's 5pm, time to have a drink!

We started limiting our drinking to the weekends as of the new year. I have 4 drinks per weekend, max. and have lost 9 pounds in 2 months.

I mostly stick with Vodka/cranberry or tequila with red grapefruit juice, watered way down. If I have a Mexican restaurant yummy, jumbo margarita, I make sure not to miss my next day workout.

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    I drink every weekend, wine, beer, caesars, coolers, whatever. I just work it off., you can go and drink the diet stuff, but I think its all crap, and low percent crap too.

ditto.

last night i had 2 shots of jack, a shot of something way too sweet that tasted like kool aid, 4 LIT's, and 2 beers. might have been more, but that was what i remember LMAO

i was at the gym bright and early this morning ;)

you have to find a way to make it work, and nights like THAT only happen once a month or so, though i do drink every weekend, it's typically less than that LOL i tend to go by a weekly deficit, which helps in covering those calories, as well....
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    To be honest, one night of what ever really won't affect much...so have what you enjoy. I've had a big night out every few weeks and it hasn't affected my weight loss rate..this past weekend, we had a few friends over and for the afternoon evening had 8 pints of a few different IPAs they brought over...went over by 3000 plus calories (had a 100g bag of chips too!).
  • Jecka987
    Jecka987 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am not a regular drinker, but if I am out for the night I stick to vodka, fresh lime and soda, people think they are boring but I actually like them and choose to drink them anyway. Refreshing, never get too sickly sweet, and limited hangover. If I'm out to dinner a nice glass of red is my go to.

My main issue when I do drink is that I make bad food choices (read: end up in a burger joint at 4am) so I try to always eat a big healthy meal before I go out. Sometimes it works!