NEWBY

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site, I was refered to it by one of my friends yesterday, so I hope I can stick with the program and loose some weight. I am a twenty two year old college student, weighted two hundred and thirty five pounds, WOW!! I know thats a lot ay? LOL, and I'm five feet five and a half inches tall, which is sad, anyway thats why I join this site, taking the first step into a new happier and healthier life style. I need all the support I can get (believe you me I really do).

Replies

• sarahricks
    sarahricks Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You'll do great. I wish I would have started when I was 22, I wouldn't have near as much to loose. It's hard but just keep with it, it gets easier.
  • LettyM62
    LettyM62 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I joined about a month ago and I'm so glad I did...this site really helps! I used to think that writing down everything you ate was a waste of time, but it's not. It really makes you realize what you were or are doing wrong when it comes to eating and exercising. I'm glad you joined, you won't regret it. You can add me as a friend if you wish.
  • TashaS
    TashaS Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Welcome Rosy!

Your story sounds a lot like mine, only I was older, shorter and heavier!! LOL!!

You've come to the right place - I've been on the site since Jan 2009 and had managed to loose 47lbs before getting pregnant. Now that baby is here I'm back at it. The people here are great for support. There's lots of groups that do weekly challenges and weigh-in's to help keep you motivated. It may be tough at first - I know it was for me - but now eating healthier has become second nature.
  • rero
    rero Posts: 24
    Options
    welcome! im a college student too and it was when i started going to the universities gym that i realized i could really whip myself into shape since i saw such a diverse crowd of people (in shape, outta shape, and everything in between) and i didnt have to feel self conscious about what i looked (or smelled) like.

its gonna be tough and will probably take a while so while its good to start now does your school have a free gym that you could continue to work out when the new term starts?
  • amyday1
    amyday1 Posts: 35
    Options
    welcome i hope you enjoy as much as i do. : )
  • KristyO
    KristyO Posts: 126
    Options
    My best advice for getting the most out of MFP - make friends! The support here is so great and when you have people cheering you on, it makes you want to go hard. Also, I advise making your food diary public. When I know people might be watching me, I do better :tongue:

WELCOME, WE'RE ALL ROOTING FOR YOU!!
  • rosylove
    rosylove Posts: 14
    Options
    OOhhh!! thank you so much for the encouragement.