One meal a day?

Options
Hello everyone

I'm just wondering if it's okay to eat one meal a day at night? I'm quite short and small so my limit for 0.5lb a week loss is only 1370. I'm also sedentary during the week.

I really eat foods that are quite high in calories, and I need to eat that way because I feel horrible when I eat low fat. It messes up my digestion big time.

So I can very easily eat 1100 in a single meal. Plus I like to drink a big old glass of full fat milk with my dinner.

I haven't always done it but after just 5 days of doing it this way, not only am I staying in my calories but my hunger has drastically decreased during the day. I'm 100% sure I can get used to this.

So is it okay to do it this way? Healthy?

Replies

• rgbmore
    rgbmore Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    If you are getting your nutrition and all your calories, it's totally fine. Doesn't matter when you eat.
    I eat a very small breakfast and lunch(~300cal) so I can have a big, satisfying dinner(1200cal).

My doctor says it's OK but if I have headaches, dizziness, faintness, etc, then I need more calories during the day. So far, so good.
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Look up "intermittent fasting" Lots of people do it that way.
  • Fitandfabulous247
    Options
    Some would say yes some would say no. The important thing is what works for you and is the most healthiest for you. My suggestion check in with your doctor and if you have clearance from them go for it! Always remember that Calorie defiency works for the masses but the approach can vary from person to person! Peace and Blessings!
  • sault_girl
    sault_girl Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    If it works for you, it's fine.
  • GoodWitch130
    GoodWitch130 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    rgbmore wrote: »
    If you are getting your nutrition and all your calories, it's totally fine. Doesn't matter when you eat.
    I eat a very small breakfast and lunch(~300cal) so I can have a big, satisfying dinner(1200cal).

My doctor says it's OK but if I have headaches, dizziness, faintness, etc, then I need more calories during the day. So far, so good.

Oh okay I haven't felt any different than usual, except for being more hungry, but even that's becoming less now. And what little hunger I still have is not nearly as intense as the first 2 days.
  • GoodWitch130
    Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone :) Blessed be
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Goodwitch, there's a MFP group associated with one meal a day. Search for "OMAD," and you'll find it. One meal a day is a form of intermittent fasting that works well for those who feel deprived by (and thus don't succeed) when dividing a day's worth of calories into three small meals and even smaller snacks.
  • GoodWitch130
    Options
    Nevadaden wrote: »
    Goodwitch, there's a MFP group associated with one meal a day. Search for "OMAD," and you'll find it. One meal a day is a form of intermittent fasting that works well for those who feel deprived by (and thus don't succeed) when dividing a day's worth of calories into three small meals and even smaller snacks.

Yes that sounds like me. :smiley: