Fitness tracker steps per day

Options
I've TomTom Spark and upload my activities to MFP. I don't count my daily step count this us always over 10k. Do you guys think it's worth uploading

Replies

• wheretheskygrows
    wheretheskygrows Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I actually have this same question, kind of. I also have a TomTom Spark. My MySports App is connected to MapMyRun, so all my runs automatically export to MyFitnessPal and shows exercise calories, which is great. But it doesn't show regular calories burned by resting or steps throughout the day. I don't know if I should add my calories burned when I'm not running to MyFitnessPal.
    I feel like I'm either missing burned calories, or adding too much.
    Any advice out there?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I do everyday multiple times.

MFP has me set for 1500 calories but with the amount of movement I typically get that would have me losing 1lb a week. I don't need to lose 1lb a week...1/2 or 1/4 is lots since I am just losing 10lbs of winter/vacation weight.

However MFP activity level if set to something other than sedentary already accounts for your movement in regular life that isn't exercise.

I have mine set to sedentary.
  • wheretheskygrows
    wheretheskygrows Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ah, that makes sense. MFP for me is set to lightly active because I do some walking as part of my job each day, so it's already calculating regular movement. So I guess I will continue to just let MapMyRun import my exercise calories.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Ah, that makes sense. MFP for me is set to lightly active because I do some walking as part of my job each day, so it's already calculating regular movement. So I guess I will continue to just let MapMyRun import my exercise calories.

Yes if you ever want to use your fitness tracker exclusively make sure to set your activity level to sedentary. I had mine at lightly active at first (which is fine) but it took about 4k regular steps to get a calorie adjustment. I like seeing the "extra calories" I find it motivating.