Bar Code Accuracy

Options
AMRROL
AMRROL Posts: 168 Member
Just bought 1/2 pound of large, peeled tail on shrimp from the Publix seafood counter. I like Publix for their freshness and quality.

I scanned the bar code and got a huge surprise. "Wal-Mart - Jumbo Cooked Shrimp Peeled & Deveined W/Tail on 26-30, 8.48 oz (84 g)"

Are they actually getting the same shrimp from the same supplier? Interesting.

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Probably yes. There are only so many wholesale warehouses that distribute to local grocery stores and restaurants. Did you think each grocery store chain had it's own fleet of shrimp boats and private jets to get the food from dock to store in 24 hours?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Yup, very likely.
  • AMRROL
    AMRROL Posts: 168 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Probably yes. There are only so many wholesale warehouses that distribute to local grocery stores and restaurants. Did you think each grocery store chain had it's own fleet of shrimp boats and private jets to get the food from dock to store in 24 hours?

No need to be sarcastic. You should have just ended with your first sentence. The second sentence was insulting and condensending.
  • blancoms
    blancoms Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Probably the same. Although I had a fluke one time scanning Meijer brand cinnamon and it showed up as Meijer tilapia repeatedly (????).
    The next week the cinnamon showed up correctly.