can't seem to get with it!!

Options
I have used this program off and on and it is a good one. I just don't seem to want to stay with it. Any Ideas to get me motivated to stay on track?

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Motivation is such an individual concept. For me seeing the changes in my body is motivation enough.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    IF what you're doing isn't sustainable then of course you're not going to stick with it. So make it sustainable. If that means having a higher calorie goal, then eat more and have a higher goal. If that means doing activities that hold your interest, then do that. No motivation required. Just do what you like.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    For me, it's an inside job. When I want it badly enough, I go get it.
  • DanSTL82
    DanSTL82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    It depends on why you can't stick with it. Do you feel hungry a lot, for example? If that's the case, you might be eating too many carb-y foods and not enough protein and fatty foods. Set the MFP macro goal to 45% protein, 30% fat, and 25% carbohydrates, and try to hit those goals as close as possible every day. If you are eating bread and pasta for every meal, you're going to be hungry a lot.
  • lareta1941
    lareta1941 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do want it. I have a goal and I am going to work harder toward it. Maybe I will reward myself with each weekly
    loss. NOT FOOD. Thanks for your replies.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    You have some health issues so they should be your main priority. Less meds is a fantastic goal in itself, losing weight will aid you in this so your motivation should be right there, improving your health. However there are of course more benefits to losing weight. You feel fitter, you have more energy, more confidence, shopping for clothes is more rewarding. But if you need more inspiration you should go to the success stories on here and see the amazing results others have achieved. Slow and steady wins the race, patience and perseverance will get you there so just keep on going. Don't give up. You can do this. :)
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    lareta1941 wrote: »
    I do want it. I have a goal and I am going to work harder toward it. Maybe I will reward myself with each weekly
    loss. NOT FOOD. Thanks for your replies.

Just an fyi - there might be some weeks where you will not lose. That's natural, weight loss doesn't always happen in a linear fashion.

I would suggest educating yourself on having a realistic, sustainable weight loss plan. Read the stickies in this forum, you don't even have to read the whole thread, most of the relevant information is usually within the first post. Once I educated myself on how to lose weight in a healthy way it was way easier to stick to my plan and not get discouraged.