Help!!!

Options
So I'm trying to bulk or gain weight but how do I get my bottom have to put on weight without my stomach getting fat? I take in a lot of protein and for the most part eat natural and healthy foods. No juice or sodas or fast food of any kind. I also take protein powders and workout at home. I'm currently 118 and I'm 5'3 I'm also not sure of how many calories I should be taking in a day. Help plsss

Replies

• 883xlsportster
    883xlsportster Posts: 221 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    As for daily cals. Go up top and click on goals.

Screen_Shot_2016_02_28_at_7_10_50_PM.png

Then click on View guided setup

Screen_Shot_2016_02_28_at_7_11_04_PM.png

Then fill out the form

Screen_Shot_2016_02_28_at_7_11_34_PM.png

The app will give you some starting points for calories. Also read the stickies at top of forum. Hope this helps ;-)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300326/most-helpful-posts-goal-gaining-weight-must-reads#latest
  • jessica_lynn5691
    jessica_lynn5691 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What app is that?
  • 883xlsportster
    883xlsportster Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Sorry. App meaning this website/ myfitnesspal. I gave you instructions for using the goal tab via website. If you're on here via mobile I'm not sure how you navigate to the goal tab.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Specify Macros.....
  • cookielover_96
    cookielover_96 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You're going to put on SOME fat either way, that's the thing with bulking. You can always cut after a good consistent bulk.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,412 MFP Moderator
    Options
    So I'm trying to bulk or gain weight but how do I get my bottom have to put on weight without my stomach getting fat? I take in a lot of protein and for the most part eat natural and healthy foods. No juice or sodas or fast food of any kind. I also take protein powders and workout at home. I'm currently 118 and I'm 5'3 I'm also not sure of how many calories I should be taking in a day. Help plsss

You can't prevent fat gains. You can minimize fat gains. If you want greater muscle gains in the lower region, I would look into a program like Strong Curves. But if you are genetically predisposition to gain in the stomach first, that is where your fat gains will go. The best thing you can do is maintain a small to moderate deficit (250calories or 10% over your TDEE/maintenance calories), and then after a 3-6 month bulk, then follow it with another cut.

At you honestly, don't need that much protein. At your weight, 120g is more than enough. You don't need powders or any other supplement.