Which Fitness Tracker to buy?

Options
Hi there, I am posting on a friends behalf.
She is taking classes at the gym (cardio, weights etc), doing yoga and running short distances.
She isn't sure which fitness tracker to get. She wants to monitor HR, time and calories.

She currently has a Fitbit Charge HR but wants to upgrade to something else.
What can you suggest?
Thanks!

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Heh. I was going to recommend a Fitbit Charge HR.
  • Yisrael1981
    Yisrael1981 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Fitbit is an activity tracker does a better job at tracking daily activity than exercise. If you are using it for that than go for it however if you are trying to track calorie burn for specific periods of exercise you would be better off with an hr monitor like polar . this will give you a much more accurate calorie count.
    If accuracy is really important than make sure that the monitor is capable of taken in a V02max number. I believe the polar f60 had that capability
    Also calorie counters cannot track weightlifting calories burnt as the method used is based upon a presumed effort based upon heart rate that is calculated using your V02max , hence it should only be used for steady state cardio not even internal training
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Stay far away from Misfit Shine. I hiked at least 9 miles yesterday and it showed 3.2 miles. It's a piece of junk.
  • Salasel
    Salasel Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I had the Surge and ended up replacing it with a Charge HR. The band on the Surge is poor quality and I had 3 replaced in less then a year. I also have used the Polar heart rate monitors and found that the Charge HR gives similar readings.
  • SexyGamerGal
    SexyGamerGal Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit charge hr. So I am not much help because I love mine. If she loves her fitbit charge hr and just wants to upgrade. Maybe she could upgrade to the blaze since it has changeable bands, touch screen, and music control. It still has everything the fitbit charge hr has but, has been upgraded into the modern age.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Garmin 235.
  • law102189
    law102189 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I really like the Vivosmart HR. Does what I need. I'm not a marathon runner or weight lifter, more cardio and Cybex circuit gal
  • seahorsepenguin
    seahorsepenguin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I like the looks of the new Fitbit Alta coming out in March. Has the sane features as charge hr but looks more like a bracelet and does text notification in addition to the call notification.
  • firststepformefal
    firststepformefal Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit surge. I get blister like sores on my wrist, then the skin peels off. The area also hurts. To stop this, I have to take it off several times a day and wash the area and the band, and thoroughly dry both skin and strap.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I like the looks of the new Fitbit Alta coming out in March. Has the sane features as charge hr but looks more like a bracelet and does text notification in addition to the call notification.

Except the Alta doesnt have a HR monitor.
  • hal1964
    hal1964 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Garmin Vivosmart HR. To me it's better than the comparable Fitbit since you can get it wet (shower, pool, whirlpool, etc). I also like not having to wear a chest strap anymore.
  • powered85
    powered85 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm not crazy about a constant optical hr on my skin. That and wonder if they are as comfortable as some look to protrude a bit.

Personally would recommend the garmin 230 forerunner and get a scosche rhythym+ to use when you want to monitor hr.
  • barkercraig617
    barkercraig617 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Keep on whatever one you choose whatever options you see make sure it is compatible with your phone it's been about a month on the same journey around Search and every type of watch for the best one with the best features how to find out if it don't work with my phone but I got the best one I thought I needed. hum, I guess it's time to upgrade the phone