Overnight worker

Options
I work overnight and need some tips on what to eat at night. I work 930pm to 8 am lunch is @ 3 in the morning.

Replies

• timyone
    timyone Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Nuts. Though not totally cheap.
  • vegangela_
    vegangela_ Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    When I use to work night shift I use to just take soup for my meal and fruit to snack on.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I will start by saying that I have never worked your schedule, so this is coming from an "uneducated" realm. Why do you not eat what anyone would eat for lunch, no matter the time of day?
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i used to work graveyard in a kitchen. 10:30-6:30am.. i LOVED it lol.. i ate normal food didnt matter what time of day was.. my "lunch" was around 3am and i always had breakfast sandwhiches lol
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    my daughter works 6p to 6a I feed her a big meal before she goes in she takes a protein drink because her stomach does not like any amount of food at night then she takes a fruit snack or nuts
  • L8riser
    L8riser Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've worked the graveyard shift for 8 years, most times two weeks of night shift then two weeks on day shift. I like tuna with mayo and spices on romain lettuce leaves;sometimes just a salad and a yogurt; sometimes I have vegetable soup, no crackers; sometimes it's finger foods like cheese string, dill pickles, hard boiled egg +\- granola bar. It all depends on how I feel prior to work and whether or not I eat before leaving for work. Everyone is different, some girls I work with don't eat at all and others only eat pizza. Remember to drink plenty of fluids though