Well today totally SUCKED!!

Options
BeckyV
BeckyV Posts: 18 Member
edited February 2016 in Motivation and Support
I didn't just fall off the wagon, I threw myself off with my hands and feet tied down and mouth wide open. Seriously - wanna know what I had for lunch?? A BANANA SPLIT!! It was a very emotional day and I am an emotional eater. How do I get over that???

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Uh yum!
  • emilycat214
    emilycat214 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It's just one day. Make up your mind that tomorrow will be a good day. Don't try to starve yourself to make up for today--just keep within your calories tomorrow. You can do it.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Life is too short to worry about that. Restart again tomorrow.

I have restarted today, and have done very well for myself , only went over by 5 calories.
  • Panda_brat
    Panda_brat Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Everyone has bad days. That is why some people go by a weekly goal. as long as you keep loosing in the long term.
  • amandacagle560
    amandacagle560 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @BeckyV , it happens to everyone at some point. What matters is how you pick back up where you left off. I also started taking an all natural supplement called fat fighters. They absorb the carbs in your stomach and keep your body from storing as fat. Seriously life changing! Haha! Now I know I can splurge (within reason) and not totally fall off the band wagon.
  • shannonbrewelch
    shannonbrewelch Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Understand that one bad day does not equal a bad week! Or a bad month! Or a bad anything! Everyone gives in at one point or another, and sometimes you need that little break to be able to come back more motivated.

Most important thing to do is not beat yourself up! When you do that it makes you dislike becoming healthy. Look at it as something that you can't change now and look up ways (pinterest is great for this) to deal with cravings!

You are on an awesome journey, don't give up!
  • BeckyV
    BeckyV Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! It is definitely a new day to start again.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    It's one day. One day going over won't sabotage you or make you a failure. Just makes you human. Log it, learn from it, and move on. That's probably the hardest lesson for many people to learn. I know it took me a while, but once I learned to forgive myself those mistakes and jump back on the wagon the next day, things got a lot easier!