Pear Shape Struggling to lose the weight

Options
Any suggestions out there for how a pear shape can lose the weigh in buttock and thighs. Have lost 15lbs so far but none of it seems to be in the areas that I need to lose.

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    You can't control where you lose fat from. We are all programmed to carry & lose it differently. The only thing you can do it keep losing weight and/or reducing your body fat percentage until you are satisfied.

Strength training will help with this - a lot.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You can't control where you lose fat from. We are all programmed to carry & lose it differently. The only thing you can do it keep losing weight and/or reducing your body fat percentage until you are satisfied.

Strength training will help with this - a lot.

this!

moderate deficit, strength training and a bit of cardio, and learn to love your shape!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    exercise and eat at a deficit for your activity level.. dropping bf% will get you what you want.
  • HanaEhab7
    HanaEhab7 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
  • HanaEhab7
    HanaEhab7 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey there. We have so much in common. I only used fad diets to lose weight, and trust me the weight came back so fast! So I was convinced that the only way to lose weight is exercise and reduce my calorie intake. They say pear-shaped bodies make it so hard to lose weight. That is what they say. "Genetics" and so. But I am only 16.3 years so maybe I have a chance to be fit. Man, I already have cellulite. But I'm working on it. I am Egyptian, so it sure is very hard to maintain weight here. Fast food including pizza and Mc Donald's are everywhere. But I will do this! I'm sick of all the "peer pressure" at school too. I need a fit bottom.

I also have a question. Would Ultrasonic Fat Cavitation work?