Hey guys! Im Keli!

Options
Hey guys!
My name is Keli im brand new to MFP, already LLOOVVE it!.
I live in surf city usa where I spend my days jogging at dog beach, surfing and training, training, training!!!!!
Im 5'7" 155lbs and working hard to slim up more and tone up.
Ive completed over 20 full marathons, 1 70 miler and now im on a mission to shape up and ship out on a 100 Mile run for charity. I lost someone who was very much a mother figure and best friend to me from ovarian cancer on April 10ths, so april 10th of 2011 I am setting out to run up the Southern California coast 100miles to raise money for cancer awareness and treatment and of course to help families who have or lost a loved one to this dirty awful disease.

The training road is a long hard one and lets face it I need all the support I can get.
As a once very overweight girl, I am very mentally vulnerable and sensitive when it comes to my weight and sadly how others percieve me.

Its been a long hard road but my confidence is strenghting with each workout and Im learning to love myself and my body...
I say *kitten* those fitness charts... I may be 155lbs, but I also wear a size 1-3...overweight by charts standards. Becoming happy on my standards.

Reading and seeing alot of your stories and profiles has inspired me evenmore. Just in the past 24hrs that Ive been a member I already am finding ways to truly love myself as much as you guys love yourself!!!!!!!!

You guys are hands down insanely motivating, inspiring and I foresee will provide me the push I need to get this run done in the name of my precious, missed, never forgotten Ellen Patete!!!!!!!!!!

That woman was my 3am phone call to calm myself down, my reality check when I was to hard on myself (often), my inspiration, my mother, my best friend, my warm hug on a cold cold day, my mental vacation, my excitement, my mentor, ect ect....

I only want to make her proud and I only want to keep her spirit alive in my heart:)

Replies

• jlclarke
    jlclarke Posts: 107
    Options
    Welcome to MFP there are a lot of great people who will inspire you and support you when you are down and cannot get back up. Sorry to hear about your mom, but at least you are helping to raise money to find a cure for others just like your mom. Keep up the good work and you will be in my thoughts. Good luck
  • LayC
    LayC Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Ms. Keli: Welcome...I love this site one of my co-workers Kelli introduce the staff to this site. We are all pulling for one another and trying to encourage each other if not only to look better but to feel better and be healthier even though we all would love to be smaller.

I have been heavy all my life and found out about 10 years ago that I have hypothroidism. I have always been active with swimming, skating just life exercising on a daily basis just because I enjoyed it, but also to lose weight because I developed hypertension and diabetes runs on both sides of my family, so I try to stay on top of things, but it is so discouraging when you are doing all you know how to do health wise and can't get the weight off or keep it off.

I am 44 and am at my heaviest weight and would love to just be 199.999. :) I just take one day at a time and it has taken me some time to accept me for me and do what I can to at least be HEALTHY. So I try to make good choices when eating and when I get a craving or don't feel like exercising then I don't and I get back on the band wagon and pray for strength to endure.

So with all that said keep on keeping on and do what you do best. I hope to hear more from you on your marithons. I do wish you well. :) Lay
  • keliduggan
    keliduggan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Ms. Keli: Welcome...I love this site one of my co-workers Kelli introduce the staff to this site. We are all pulling for one another and trying to encourage each other if not only to look better but to feel better and be healthier even though we all would love to be smaller.

I have been heavy all my life and found out about 10 years ago that I have hypothroidism. I have always been active with swimming, skating just life exercising on a daily basis just because I enjoyed it, but also to lose weight because I developed hypertension and diabetes runs on both sides of my family, so I try to stay on top of things, but it is so discouraging when you are doing all you know how to do health wise and can't get the weight off or keep it off.

I am 44 and am at my heaviest weight and would love to just be 199.999. :) I just take one day at a time and it has taken me some time to accept me for me and do what I can to at least be HEALTHY. So I try to make good choices when eating and when I get a craving or don't feel like exercising then I don't and I get back on the band wagon and pray for strength to endure.

So with all that said keep on keeping on and do what you do best. I hope to hear more from you on your marithons. I do wish you well. :) Lay

Wow thats an amazing story!! Kee[p up the great work, you can kick that conditions butt!!!!!!! We're all here to help and support ya.
    How much further do you have?
    That a killer goal... you got this in the bag:)

Best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You definitely inspired me today so thanks:)