Need accountability and support buddies!

Options
Hello!
I'm not really new to MFP but this is the first time I have browsed the community. I'm 25 and looking to lose 15-20 lbs. I need some buddies to help motivate and push me because I have a hard time staying on track. A good day turns into a cheat day real quick. I just recently started yoga and enjoy it, but again I have a hard time staying with it! I hate working out and yoga is a good way for me to do something and relax at the same time.

J

Replies

• arb321988
    arb321988 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have those same problems. I am gluten intollerant and lactose intollerant. It is easy for me to cheat and eat gluten, the milk I stay away from, I don't like the taste and cheese has never bothered me!
    I hate exercising, but I will start once it warms up and I can get back in the pool!
  • jennaraemyers
    jennaraemyers Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My biggest downfall is chocolate or any sweet for that matter. I love the pool too! I like exercises that don't feel like exercising!
  • Scissorhands29
    Scissorhands29 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have the same issue. Here's what I posted on my own wall today:

I have the easiest time staying on track when I'm working and have a schedule to follow. When the weekend comes all hell breaks loose. It's been a bad cycle for quite awhile and is the reason I can't get past certain goals. This weekend it happened again and I gained 3lbs. I need to own it. It was my choices that made that happen. Today is a new day. I will get past that. Time to break old habits!!

Add me and we can help each other :)
  • jennaraemyers
    Options
    That sounds exactly like me! I eat great while I'm at work, but the weekends I eat like an a*hole!
  • judowolf
    judowolf Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with you ladies, it's so much easier to follow a healthy eating plan on the regular work days where you have a schedule. I do my best when I use the MFP tools and log everything. I've been disciplined this year so far with only a couple of cheat weekends (damn you vino) and I've lost almost 30lbs since Jan 1st. I try to be a good motivator for my friends, so if you'd like to add me, feel free! Best of luck on your journey...
  • jrivera763
    jrivera763 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Weekends are the easiest times to cheat...but if working out is exactly your preferred way to shed some weight, I would clear your house of all temptations and stock up with healthy foods and snacks. I have these bars packed with protein that taste like a brownie. normally I stay away from those things because they don't taste good but theres some good stuff out there! best of luck!
  • jennaraemyers
    Options
    Judowolf congrats on the weight loss! That's amazing! I will count everything in MFP also but there are times where I don't because I know it's high in calories or bad for me. I'm not strict on that either..
    Jrivera763 working out is the exact opposite of my preferred method to losing weight. I try to keep lots of fruit and veggies in my house, also I have protein packed bars. I found a brand called life choice that make some great tasting bars! Some simply fruit and nut ones also that are wonderful.
  • brotherjake70
    brotherjake70 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    jennaraemyers trying forcing yourself to write down what you eat. This might be a way to hold yourself accountable. Also, working out does not mean you need to go to the gym. Like you said you enjoy yoga which you can do at home, going for walks is another form of exercising - things that can be fun will help you not think about eating crap. Also, keep a bottle of water close by. You might not necessarily be hungry but dehydrated.
    Trust me my biggest weakness is anything sweet. I totally understand what you are going through. If you would to add my to you list of friends, I will try and support you the best I can.
  • geordiegirl1892
    geordiegirl1892 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi I log on a daily basis and now over 1500 days so if anyone would like a mfp buddy feel free to add me :)
  • jennaraemyers
    Options
    Brotherjake70 I drink tea all day long if that counts haha and I feel like I'm constantly walking at work which helps, but then I'm tired when I get home and just don't feel like doing anything.