Morning protein shakes!

Options
taylorjgarner
taylorjgarner Posts: 27 Member
What kind of protien shakes do you make in the morning? Do you add anything special to them?

Replies

• socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    227 grams plain yogurt, one frozen banana and 1/4 - 1/2 cup chick peas blended.
  • Susan011968
    Susan011968 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use 1 cup caramel cashew almond milk(silk), 1/2 banana, 1-2 scoops of chocolate protein powder and 1/4 cup of ice.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    header-shakes.png

I buy them on-sale @ Costco for $22 for 18. I don't do anything special other than put them in the refrigerator the night before I drink them. They're easy and convenient.
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    1 cup blue diamond low sugar vanilla almond milk, 1 scoop Giant Sports Delicious Vanilla Protein powder, and 3 tablespoons Jiff creamy peanut butter. Blend and enjoy!
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    My base consists of: Quest vanilla protein powder, skim milk, egg whites and ice. From there I may add cocoa powder and coffee powder, various extracts (any where from banana to almond) or sometimes frozen berries in place of ice. This is typically my go to breakfast so I have come up with different variations to choose from.
  • cweber73
    cweber73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1 scoop Gold Standard Whey Chocolate (at Costco)
    1 cup Almond Milk
    1 handful spinach
    1 serving (2 T) PB2
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I do a protein powder, fruit, spinach and almond milk ... this way I start the day off with 2 servings of F&V and lean protein. Makes for a great start. Find what works for you
  • tryin2die2self
    tryin2die2self Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    During the week I intermittent fast, so my breakfast is usually a fatty coffee. However, I prefer to break my fast with a protein shake: 1 cup almond milk, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1 scoop of Optimum Nutrition Whey Isolate, 1 scoop of Green Super Food and a half cup of water. I mix it about 30 min before lunch and stash it in the fridge. I then pull it out, shake it again and drink it. If I have time, I do that right after a lunch time walk. Get out of the office, get some air, decompress, etc. I also get some of the benefits of working out "fasted".

On the weekends I usually enjoy a honey coffee instead of a fatty coffee and have a smaller breakfast with the family Saturday or Sunday.
  • tryin2die2self
    tryin2die2self Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    header-shakes.png

I buy them on-sale @ Costco for $22 for 18. I don't do anything special other than put them in the refrigerator the night before I drink them. They're easy and convenient.

That is really not a bad price. Here I was at Costco yesterday and I never noticed them. I will have to put them on the radar my next trip in.
  • EricLFC1892
    EricLFC1892 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    my standard whey protein, 10g of chia seeds 5g of organic cocoa nibs 5g of creatine aminigen and a banana
  • navychickpensfan
    navychickpensfan Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    1 1/2 scoop Skinny Jane Vanilla Protein Powder
    8 oz of Reduced Sugar Vanilla Almond Milk
    8 oz of Starbucks Unsweetened Iced Coffee
    1 quirt of Maxwell House Iced Caramel Coffee Concentrate (I love coffee so I add this to make it taste stronger)

• sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    twxdxuunz24s.jpg

I get these at GNC when they are on sale and I have a coupon. If not they are a little pricey but good..Many different flavors
    ls.jpg 11.9K
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Scoop of protein powder
    Water or soy milk
    Bananna- raw or frozen
    Frozen black cherries or frozen strawberries
    Ice (ice makes it so good)
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    have not had one in awhile but, for a few months i had one every AM.

in a 16oz nutri ninja cup:
    200g of plain dannon yogurt at first / than moved on to fage 0% greek yogurt when i decided i liked it.
    3oz frozen banana
    2 tbsp of manitoba harvest hemp hearts
    2 tsps of 100% cocoa powder
    3/4 cp unsweeten vanilla almond milk
    2-3 drops of ezsweetz

and sometimes i substituted the cocoa with 1/2 tsp of matcha green tea powder.

can't recall actual numbers but, think i got like 10g of fats/30g of protein/5g of fiber out of it and calories was between 300-350 i think. calories were a bit high but, it kept me full till at least lunch.

• valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    have not had one in awhile but, for a few months i had one every AM.

in a 16oz nutri ninja cup:
    200g of plain dannon yogurt at first / than moved on to fage 0% greek yogurt when i decided i liked it.
    3oz frozen banana
    2 tbsp of manitoba harvest hemp hearts
    2 tsps of 100% cocoa powder
    3/4 cp unsweeten vanilla almond milk
    2-3 drops of ezsweetz

and sometimes i substituted the cocoa with 1/2 tsp of matcha green tea powder.

can't recall actual numbers but, think i got like 10g of fats/30g of protein/5g of fiber out of it and calories was between 300-350 i think. calories were a bit high but, it kept me full till at least lunch.

This is really similar to my current favorite smoothie with yogurt, frozen fruit, and protein.
  • aktarx
    aktarx Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    2 cups unsweetened almond milk, 2 scoops whey, 1 tablespoon organic peanut butter, 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • jennaraemyers
    jennaraemyers Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    1/2-1 scoop protein powder, Greek vanilla yogurt, a banana and blue diamond unsweetened almond milk
  • GonzoMcG
    GonzoMcG Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    half a soup of cookies and cream powder in my morning coffee. I tried shakes but with coffee it's better!
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I use the Premier Protein shakes and add them to my coffee with extracts. Today I have a vanilla shake, vanilla caramel coffee, orange extract and cinnamon.
  • esn222
    esn222 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil!!! Great for energy!!