Workout plan???

Options
So I used to workout 6 days a week but now I have been out of the gym due to a number of injury's and surgeries.

I used to do chest/tri's mon, abs/cardio tues, back/bi's wed, legs thur, fri off, sat cardio lower back abs, sun cardio abs light legs.

However after being out of the gym for 4 years I cant seem to figure out what to do for workouts. I just started lifting again and I do 1 full workout for 1 body part and my whole upper body is sore for 3-5 days.

Would anyone have a good plan they might be able to share.

(Also, I can not really do any cardio other than a stationary bike, and I cant do sit-ups after my hip surgery.)

Any suggestions I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    With your recent injuries and surgeries are you able to do compound lifts like Squats and Deads? If so I'd say give Stronglifts 5x5 a try. If you can't and you'd rather focus on individual body parts Body Beast is a great program and is rather cheap these days. It's structured like your original workout plan. Chest/Tris, Back/Bis, Legs, Shoulders, etc. It also goes through three phases of build, bulk, and tempo so the workouts switchup.
  • kyleliermann
    kyleliermann Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am currently unable to do any lower body or Sit-ups until I am cleared by my doc and Physical therapist. so just upper body for now
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Go lighter on the weights, otherwise you will be so sore after you won't be able to keep up and get stronger
  • DanSTL82
    DanSTL82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Get the Stronglifts 5x5 app on your phone. It is a workout plan where you start with whatever weights you can handle lifting, and it progressively ups the weight with each workout, and the program is full-body.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    EQComics wrote: »
    Get the Stronglifts 5x5 app on your phone. It is a workout plan where you start with whatever weights you can handle lifting, and it progressively ups the weight with each workout, and the program is full-body.

I mean.. how's he going to do the squats and deads if he can't do any lower body?

OP check out Body Beast like I suggested. Sounds like a much better fit for your current limitations and goals.

• kyleliermann
    Options

This sounds perfect I will get it after work. Thanks
  • kyleliermann
    Options

I mean.. how's he going to do the squats and deads if he can't do any lower body?

OP check out Body Beast like I suggested. Sounds like a much better fit for your current limitations and goals.

I did turbo fire before which started all my leg injurys so if body beast is anything like that I will have to pass.