Hey I'm Vikki

Options
Hey to all I just started don't think it will work but my older sister insured me that it will so I am trying I need so support to help ensure me it works

Replies

• Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Hi Vikki ☺

I can assure you it DOES work. As long as you honestly stick to it.

Enter all pertinent info into MFP to allow them to set your calorie goal. Be very honest about your activity level. Buy a good food scale that weighs in grams. Weigh all solid and semisolid foods. Measure all liquids in measuring cups and spoons. Don't leave anything out. If it goes in your mouth it gets weighed/measured and logged. Use reliable food diary entries. I usually look for the usda entries. For example if I were having green grapes I would search green grapes usda. Then I'd weigh them and enter the amount.

Good luck! You can add me as a friend for support if you'd like.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Well it works depending on the work you put into it. Its just a tool - you need to be willing to make the effort to be a success.
  • chatlieretherford
    chatlieretherford Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I would like that but don't know how if you want add me my email is charlieretherford@gmail.com
    Cynsonya wrote: »
    Hi Vikki ☺

Enter all pertinent info into MFP to allow them to set your calorie goal. Be very honest about your activity level. Buy a good food scale that weighs in grams. Weigh all solid and semisolid foods. Measure all liquids in measuring cups and spoons. Don't leave anything out. If it goes in your mouth it gets weighed/measured and logged. Use reliable food diary entries. I usually look for the usda entries. For example if I were having green grapes I would search green grapes usda. Then I'd weigh them and enter the amount.

• chatlieretherford
    Options
    Thanks for talking to me I don't have a lot of support everyone thinks I'm crazy says I don't need to loose weight but I feel like I do I'm 280 and only 27 years old so thanks again
  • John_Vianny
    John_Vianny Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try to stick to healthy diet with superfoods which burn fat and exercises every day.
    No more tricks, no fancy no dodge...
  • jprewitt1
    jprewitt1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Try to stick to healthy diet with superfoods which burn fat and exercises every day.
    No more tricks, no fancy no dodge...

Please ignore this. You don't need a "Superfood" diet. You just need to control your portions. Anyone who advertises anything on her as a way to lose weight is a liar, other than saying you need to eat less calories than you burn.

Have you put in your measurements on MFP yet? How many calories a day did it give you?
  • chatlieretherford
    Options
    I have to eat 1950 in calories a day or less and since I've started this I've always been under so I'm doing good on that I burn almost 1000 a day not doing anything special just doing house work I have been trying to find a workout plan to go with my schedule but its very hard I've got two kids a full time job and not very much time in the day after all. So does anybody have a workout plan that is simple but effective
  • gwayby
    gwayby Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey Vikki! I'll add you to my friends list. I log every day and like to comment on my friends wall so hopefully I can offer some support! My diary is open and you can feel free to get some ideas from it ( just ignore my weekends, particularly Fridays :# haha). Good luck on your journey, and my best advice would be to make small changes one at a time -- eventually you'll be eating healthily by force of habit without realizing it. Oh, and buy a food scale -- $15 bucks on Amazon and absolutely necessary to do this thing right.
  • rsleighty
    rsleighty Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. My diary is open. Everyone needs a word of encouragement sometimes!!
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Hi Vikki,
    Nothing works better than cico. Remember to to exercise for 30-45 min. And never ever eat back your calories that you burned off via exercise.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Hi Vikki,
    Nothing works better than cico. Remember to to exercise for 30-45 min. And never ever eat back your calories that you burned off via exercise.

Do not listen to this. MFP is designed to eat a portion of your exercise calories. Most recommend 50-80% of exercise calories earned due to inaccuracies. Good luck.

• chatlieretherford
    Options
    Thanks for everyone ideas and support it helps me know what I should do or not to do I am very gr8ful to all of you
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I would like that but don't know how if you want add me my email is charlieretherford@gmail.com
    Cynsonya wrote: »
    Hi Vikki ☺

Just saw this. Sent you a request :)
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    vespiquenn wrote: »
    Hi Vikki,

Do not listen to this. MFP is designed to eat a portion of your exercise calories. Most recommend 50-80% of exercise calories earned due to inaccuracies. Good luck.

Most?? what most? who most?
    Quickest way to weight loss is the bigger deficit.
    If you eat back your calories, you now have a smaller deficit.

Remember this.
    MFP was setup by humans, humans can error, there for, MFP can error.
    Not eating back your calories can only in crease your deficit.

• chatlieretherford
    Options
    Everyone is giving me a lot of help and I thank you all I'm willing to try anything to help lose this weight the healthy way